HP Quality Center
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows or LINUX|
|Type||quality management/test management|
|Website||HP Quality Center|
HP Quality Center is quality management software offered from the HP Software Division of Hewlett-Packard with many capabilities acquired from Mercury Interactive Corporation. HP Quality Center offers software quality assurance, including requirements management, test management and business process testing for IT and application environments. HP Quality Center is a component of the HP Application Lifecycle Management software solution set.
HP Quality Center is available as HP Quality Center Starter Edition software and HP Quality Center Enterprise software. The Starter Edition is for entry-level software quality assurance organizations. The Enterprise version, originally called Mercury TestDirector for Quality Center, is for software quality assurance organizations that manage medium to large releases. For large and global organizations, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11 incorporates the capabilities of Quality Center EnterprisTracking, Enterprise Release Management and Asset Sharing for requirements management through application delivery. HP Quality Center is also available as a Software-as-a-Service offering.
HP Quality Center can be used on Windows platforms with an Internet Explorer browser. In combination with the HP ALM Explorer Add-in, it can be executed as a normal desktop application. This is useful if you are unable to download ActiveX controls, if your browser restricts the use of ActiveX components, if you are not allowed to execute the Internet Explorer with Administrator rights.
HP Quality Center also supports virtual environments. It is certified to run on Citrix XenApp 6.0 and Citrix Client with XenApp 6.0: Online Plug-In 12.1, VMware ESX 4.0 ( Patch 1), VMware ESX 4.1 (Patch 6), VMware ESX 5.0 and ESXi 5.0 (SP3).
- "HP Closes Landmark Mercury Acquisition; Companies Unite to Lead in Business Technology Optimization Software" (Press release). Hewlett Packard. November 7, 2006. Archived from the original on February 2, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
-  Archived December 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jackson, Joab (November 30, 2010). "HP Fuses Dev Management and Testing Tools". CIO.com. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Jordon, Allen (2013-03-26). "Quality Center Basics". Quality-center-basics.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "HP Quality Center in the Cloud". Eoh-am.co.za. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "HP ALM 11.00 and HP Quality Center Enterprise 11.00 – Product Availability Matrix". UFT Automation. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
Note: ref 6 links to a supposed malware site, UFT Automation, according to Google Chrome.