Vietnamese frigate Dinh Tien Hoang (HQ-011)
|Name:||HQ-011 Dinh Tien Hoang|
|Namesake:||Dinh Tien Hoang|
|Cost:||350 mil dollars|
|Status:||in active service|
|Class and type:||Gepard-class frigate|
|Length:||102.14 m (335.1 ft) (93.5 m (307 ft) waterline)|
|Beam:||13.09 m (42.9 ft)|
|Draught:||5.3 m (17 ft)|
|Propulsion:||2 shaft CODOG, Two gas turbines (29,300 shp (21,800 kW) each), 1 Type 61D Diesel (8,000 bhp (6,000 kW)), 3 600 kW diesel alternator sets|
|Speed:||28 knots (52 km/h; 32 mph)|
|Range:||4,000 nmi (7,000 km) at 10 knots (19 km/h)|
|Electronic Warfare:2 Bell Shroud passive intercept, 2 Bell Squat jammers, 4 16-barreled Pk-16 countermeasure rocket launchers|
|Aircraft carried:||1 x Kamov Ka-27|
HQ-011 Dinh Tien Hoang is designed to perform search tasks, track and destroy floating target ships, air defense, anti-submarine (limited), escort, and patrol territorial waters and special areas with economic rights. The ship can enter combat independently or in squadrons, and is equipped with stealth technology, to present a minimum presence on enemy radar screens.
Vietnam and Russia signed a contract on 12 May 2006 worth USD $350 million to build two Gepard-class frigates designed by the Institute ZPKB in Zelenodolsk.
At the request of the Vietnam People's Navy the ship known as Project 11661 was completely redesigned to become Gepard 3.9. The redesigned ships include stealth technology and the most advanced weapons available from Russia today, including air defense systems, Palma Close-in weapon system AK-630, Kh-35 anti-ship missiles, and Kamov Ka-27 helicopters. The anti-submarine technology includes the RBU-6000 anti-submarine rocket launcher. These two ships are the latest generation of the Gepard class produced at the Zelenodolsk plant. It took two years to build the prototypes under Project 11661.
HQ-011 Dinh Tien Hoang was launched on 12 December 2010. The ship is named after Dinh Tien Hoang, the first Vietnamese emperor following the defeat of the Twelve Warlords. He was the founder of the short-lived Đinh Dynasty and a significant figure in the establishment of Vietnamese political unity in the tenth century.
HQ-011 Dinh Tien Hoang visited Indonesia from 12–15 November, Brunei from 19–21 November and the Philippines from 24–26 November 2014.
Other Gepard-class frigates
The navy had already purchased two Gepard 3.9 frigates in 2011. Interfax reported that Vietnam signed contracts with Rosoboronexport to provide two more Gepard 5.3 frigates. According to Sergei Rudenko Gorky, Deputy Director of the Zelenodolsk shipyard, the first two Gepard frigates are equipped with the most modern missiles, and the second pair will be equipped with the most modern anti-submarine devices.
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-011 Dinh Tien Hoang||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||10.7.2007||12.12.2010 ||23.3.2011 ||active|
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-012 Ly Thai To||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||27.11.2007||16.3.2011 ||22.8.2011 ||active|
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-013 Tran Hung Dao||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||24.9.2013||11.2016||02.2017||active|
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-014 Ngo Quyen||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||24.9.2013||03.2017||06.2017||active|
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-015 Ly Thuong Kiet||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||On order|
|Vietnam People's Navy||HQ-016 Quang Trung||Zelenodolsk Factory Russia||On Order|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 9, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011. Quocphong
- John Pike (1920-01-20). "Gepard Class – Project 1166.1". Globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Tàu Hải quân Việt Nam kết thúc tốt đẹp chuyến thăm ba nước Đông Nam Á" (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Vietnamese frigate to attend International Fleet Review in India next month". Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Нпсфхе: Бэермюл Йсохк Брнпсч Оюпрхч Пняяхияйху Тпецюрнб "Цеоюпд"". Lenta.ru. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- 14.12.2009 (2009-12-14). "Russian shipyard built frigate for Vietnam". Rusnavy.com. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- 26.10.2010 (2010-10-26). "Работы над фрегатами "Гепард" для Вьетнама близки к завершению". Flot.com. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Russia floats out second Gepard class frigate for Vietnam | Defense | RIA Novosti". En.rian.ru. 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- Tuoi Tre (2011-08-22). "Vietnam gets most modern patrol ship in region – Vietnam politics news – TuoiTreNews". Tuoitrenews.vn. Archived from the original on September 23, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-11.