HSBC Brazil Cup
|Location||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Course(s)||Itanhanga Golf Club|
|Length||6,285 yards (5,747 m)|
|Tour(s)||LPGA Tour (exhibition)|
|Format||Stroke play - 36 holes|
|Tournament record score|
|Aggregate||133 Pornanong Phatlum (2012)|
|To par||–13 Pornanong Phatlum (2012)|
The HSBC Brazil Cup was an international golf exhibition tournament, sanctioned by the LPGA Tour and first played in 2009. The tournament took place over two days and 36 holes at the Itanhanga Golf Club in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The money earned did not count on the official LPGA money list, making the event an unofficial part of the LPGA Tour.
The field for the inaugural event in January 2009 included only 15 players: 14 LPGA Tour members and a Brazilian amateur. In 2010, the field was expanded to 27 players, which included two amateurs, and was moved to late May. The 2011 tournament included thirty players, all professionals.
Tournament names through the years:
- 2009–12: HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup
|2012||May 5–6||Pornanong Phatlum||66-67=133||–13||4 strokes||Amy Hung||Itanhanga Golf Club, par 73||720,000||108,000|
|2011||May 28–29||Mariajo Uribe||69-66=135||–9||1 stroke||Lindsey Wright||Itanhanga Golf Club, par 72||720,000||108,000|
|2010||May 29–30||Meaghan Francella||69-71=140||–6||Playoff 1||Mariajo Uribe||Itanhanga Golf Club, par 73||700,000||105,000|
|2009||Jan 24–25||Catriona Matthew||69-69=138||–6||5 strokes||Kristy McPherson||Itanhanga Golf Club, par 72||500,000||100,000|
1 Won on the sixth playoff hole.
|2011||Mariajo Uribe||66 (–6)||2nd|
- HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup 2009 is first-ever LPGA competition in Brazil - Announcement by LPGA - December 28, 2008
- "Final results, 2009 HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup" (PDF). LPGA. January 25, 2010. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- "Final results, 2010 HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup" (PDF). LPGA. May 30, 2010. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- Wade, Stephen (April 30, 2010). "LPGA to stage exhibition event in Brazil in May". USA Today.
- "Final results, 2011 HSBC LPGA Brasil Cup" (PDF). LPGA. May 29, 2011. Retrieved April 27, 2012.