|Named for||Hosur-Sarjapur Road|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KA-01, KA-51|
HSR Layout (Hosur-Sarjapur Road Layout), is a relatively new suburb located in south-east Bangalore, India. It lies in the Bommanahalli constituency of State assembly. This locality was developed by Bangalore Development Authority in 1985. Now it has emerged into a leading residential area due to its proximity to IT Parks in Bangalore. It is also a gateway to Electronic City, a major IT hub of the city. HSR Layout has emerged as a posh locality of Bangalore with wide streets, parks and modern civic amenities.
HSR Layout is divided into Sectors 1-7, which are crisscrossed into main and cross roads. Main roads run north-south and Cross roads run east-west. Some parts of the neighbouring towns such as Agara, Parangipalya, Venkatapura, Mangammanapalya and Hosapalya are also part of HSR Layout. It is designed based on modern town planning principles, the layout has a centralized BDA Complex, which houses the city administrative offices. It also has a number of small parks in various parts of the layout. Several educational institutions have also spring up in the area, such as JSS Public School (established in 2004)  , Oxford College (founded in 1974) and the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) along with Networkers Home. Residents Watch is a news website dedicated to HSR Layout since 2012.
The layout is built on land reclaimed from Agara lake, is located between Hosur Road and Sarjapur Road. HSR Layout is about 7 km from Bangalore's other large residential area of Jayanagar, and 2 km from Koramangala.
Basaveshwara Gayathri Temple is located on 24th main road HSR layout. 
Hospitals in HSR Layout
HSR layout also has a number of Super Specialty Hospitals such as Narayana Multi Specialty Hospital, Green View Medical Center, Primus Hospital, Aspire Fertility Center , Lotus Multi Specialty Hospital.
HSR Layout is a home to several small and medium sized parks which are actively maintained by BBMP.  Few years ago , burning of dry leaves became a major problem here. By building a network of compost pits and getting BBMP on board, residents have put an end to the hazard of garbage. 
HSR Layout is growing rapidly as a startup hub of Bangalore as it houses many startups Like Zomato, Trebound Etc. It has many co-working spaces like BHIVE Workspace where many startups work out of.
A number of schools have opened up to serve HSR Layout's growing Student population - like Cambridge Public School, National Public School, St. Lawrence School, Freedom International School, Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir and JSS Public School. There are also a few Montessori and pre-KG schools like Floretz Academy, KLAY Preschool and Daycare, Golden Arch Montessori. To serve students preparing for competitive examinations there are institutions like Allen, FIIT JEE, Akash and Rao's Academy.
There are frequent power cuts as its tendency of BESCOM to perform daily maintenance at one or other place causing frequent electricity power cuts. There are a number of risky pot-holes on roads in HSR Layout which are a danger to motorists and pedestrians. Also the traffic in HSR has worsened over last couple of years and one can see frequent traffic jams on internal roads. Another key problem faced by the residents is the stench from the KCDC Compost plant in nearby Kudlu.
- "JSS Public School, Hsr Layout, Adjacent to BDA Complex, Bangalore". www.jssedu.jssonline.org.
- ":: Welcome to The Oxford Educational Institutions ::". www.theoxford.edu.
- "CCNA , CCNP and CCIE Training and placement in Delhi - Bangalore - Pune". www.networkershome.com.
- "Basaveshwara Gayathri Temple". basaveshwara-gayathri-temple.business.site. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- ":: Aspire Fertility Center for IVF Treatments, HSR Layout, Bangalore ::". www.aspirefertility.in.
- "Coworking Space - BHIVE workspace in HSR Layout". 18 May 2016.
- Mar 5, Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Updated:; 2018; Ist, 04:00. "Bengaluru's HSR Layout clears the air with eco-friendly compost pits in parks". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 3 June 2019.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Moving KCDC plant out of HSR Layout not viable, says BBMP. Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/moving-kcdc-plant-out-hsr-layout-not-viable-says-bbmp-674306.html