|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
|Named for||Hosur and Sarjapur Road|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
- It lies in the Bommanahalli constituency of State assembly.
- The layout, which is built on land reclaimed from the Agara lake, is located between Hosur Road and Sarjapur Road.
- This layout is known for its quiet environment with lots of gardens and parks.
- This locality was developed by Bangalore Development Authority in 1984.
- Now it has emerged into a leading residential area due to its proximity to the IT Parks of Bangalore.
Ever since the growth of the real estate market in Bangalore, this area has witnessed a dramatic rise in the residential housing, partly owing to its proximity to the commercial areas of the city. This has led the land prices to skyrocket in recent years. In its early stages, this area was neglected by the civic authorities. Now it has facilities such as a police station, post office (Pin Code: 560102 Earlier: 560034), Water Board office, electricity office, and numerous banks.
Like many residential areas in Bangalore, HSR Layout is divided into Sectors (Sectors 1 through 7), which are criss-crossed by main roads and cross roads. Main roads run north-south and Cross roads run east-west. Some part of the neighbouring villages such as Agara, Parangipalya, Venkatapura, Mangammanapalya and Hosapalya are also part of HSR Layout. Designed based on modern town planning principles, the layout has a centralized BDA Complex, which houses the city administrative offices. It also has a number of small parks in various parts of the layout. Several renowned educational institutions are also springing up in the area, like JSS Public School (established in 2004)  and the Oxford College (founded in 1974) and the very famous NIFT(National Institute of Fashion Technology).
Due to the low-lying nature of the layout, some parts of the layout were flooded during the seasonal rains in the past few years.]. The city administration have now built flood drains to address this problem. Recently the corporators of HSR Layout have built strom water drains and asphalted the roads. The main roads are quite well maintained. Due to its close proximity with electronic city and other companies, there has been massive development in this area.
- HSR Layout Residents Watch 
A monthly neighbourhood guide to HSR Layout, Bangalore.
- Apartments & Properties in HSR layout
- Apartments near HSR layout, Bangalore