|Slogan||Power of 10|
|Compatible networks||GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, LTE, LTE Advanced|
|Predecessor||HTC One M9|
|Successor||HTC U Ultra|
|Dimensions||145.9 mm (5.74 in) H |
71.9 mm (2.83 in) W
9 mm (0.35 in) D
|Mass||161 g (5.7 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 6.0.1 "Marshmallow" (release)|
Android 7.0 "Nougat"
Android 8.0 "Oreo" (current)
Android 9.0 "Pie" (unofficial) via LineageOS 16.0
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820|
|Memory||4 GB LPDDR4 RAM|
|Storage||32 or 64 GB|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 2 TB|
|Battery||3.8 V, 11.5 Wh (3,000 mAh) Li-Ion, non-replaceable|
|Display||5.2 in (130 mm) Super LCD 5 with RGB matrix|
2560 x 1440 pixels (564 ppi)
Corning Gorilla Glass 4
|Rear camera||Sony Exmor R IMX377 12.3 megapixels (4032×3024 px), Laser autofocus, dual-LED dual tone flash, f/1.8 aperture, 26 mm lens, optical image stabilization|
|Front camera||5 MP, f/1.8 aperture , optical image stabilization|
In 2015, HTC released the HTC One M9 smartphone, which was praised for its design, but criticized for being too similar to its predecessor, the HTC One (M8). To address the shortcomings of the M9, HTC released another new phone that year with a new design and hardware: the HTC One A9. The design of the HTC 10 is something of a mix of the M9 and the A9.
The HTC 10 features an aluminum body with a unibody design. The dual front-facing audio speakers from previous HTC smartphones (such as the HTC One M9) have been removed. The phone still has 2 speakers; however, one is on the top bezel, while the other is on the bottom edge of the phone. The HTC 10 also includes a fingerprint sensor under the 5.2-inch 1440x2560 Gorilla Glass 3 screen.
The internals of the HTC 10 are similar to its contemporary flagships. The HTC 10 includes the quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB RAM and Adreno 530 integrated graphics . The HTC 10 also features USB-C and Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0. The HTC 10 features a dedicated DAC (Digital Audio Converter) provided by Qualcomm.
The HTC 10 has the first optically stabilized front camera in mobile phones.
The HTC 10 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with the HTC Sense 8.0 skin. HTC updated unlocked handsets to Android 7.0 Nougat on November 25, 2016. The unlocked HTC 10 received the Android 8.0 Oreo update in early 2018.
The HTC 10 received generally positive reviews. In its review of the phone, CNET gave the device a 4 out of 5, supporting the design of the phone, the "brilliant audio quality", and the customizable user interface, while criticizing the phone's camera and battery life. The Verge gave the device a similar 8.0 out of 10, but viewed some aspects of the phone differently: it considered the device's "reliable battery", sound, software, and "fast performance" to be its strengths, while criticizing the HTC 10's "boring design", camera, and price. On the audio quality front, due to its inclusion of a dedicated DAC, Android Central praised the audio of the HTC 10 when using headphones connected to the headphone jack, saying of the experience, "Spoiler: it sounds good. Damn good"
- "HTC 10 DIY Teardown". ETrade Supply. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
- Zimmerman, Steven (12 October 2016). "Sony IMX378: Comprehensive Breakdown of the Google Pixel's Sensor and its Features". XDA Developers. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- Seifert, Dan (April 13, 2016). "HTC 10 announced: a modern phone with familiar design". The Verge. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Protalinski, Emil (April 13, 2016). "HTC 10 unveiled: 5.2-inch QHD display, 12 UltraPixel camera with laser autofocus". Venture Beat. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Kellex (12 April 2016). "HTC Announces the HTC 10, Available for Pre-Order at $699".
- Savov, Vlad. "HTC's One M9 is the world's most beautiful disappointment". The Verge. Vox Media, Inc.
- Rogerson, James. "HTC 10 vs HTC One M9". TechRadar. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "HTC 10 specs".
- "HTC 10 brings the noise, but it's not a Galaxy killer (review)".
- "HTC 10 Industry Leading Features and Specs - HTC United States".
- "Qualcomm Aqstic sets a new standard for audiophiles | Qualcomm". Qualcomm. 2016-05-31. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "[Update: RUU available] Nougat for the unlocked HTC 10 rolling out today, only in the USA for now". Android Police. 2016-12-02. Retrieved 2016-12-06.
- Gao, Richard. "[Update: Back up] Unlocked HTC 10 is now receiving 8.0 Oreo update via OTA and RUU". Android Police. Illogical Robot LLC. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- La, Lynn. "HTC 10 review". CNET. CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Seifert, Dan. "HTC 10 review: great isn't good enough". The Verge. Vox Media, Inc. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "HTC 10 audio testing — BoomSound evolved". Android Central. 2016-05-12. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
HTC One M9
| HTC 10
HTC U Ultra
|This mobile phone related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|