HTC Evo 3D
The HTC EVO 3D is a 3D-enabled Android smartphone developed by HTC, released exclusively in the United States through Sprint, and was re-released as a pre-paid smartphone by Virgin Mobile in May 2012 as the HTC Evo V 4G. A variation of Sprint's flagship HTC Evo 4G, the device is distinguished by its pair of 5 MP rear cameras, which can be used to take photos or video in stereographic 3D, which can be viewed on its autostereoscopic display without the need for 3D glasses. Several GSM variants are also available in Canada, Europe and Asia.
Sprint announced the HTC EVO 3D during its CTIA in Orlando, Florida, in March 2011.
In June 2011, Sprint officially announced that the HTC Evo 3D would be available on June 24, 2011.
On May 31, 2012, shortly after the release of its successor, the HTC Evo 4G LTE, Sprint's prepaid service Virgin Mobile re-released the Evo 3D as the HTC Evo V 4G as its first phone to use Sprint's WiMAX network. The Evo V 4G is identical to the Evo 3D, except that it ships with Android 4.0.3 and the Sense 3.6 interface instead of Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3. The new software also became available for the Evo 3D on Sprint as an update.
The Evo 3D utilizes a Snapdragon S3 chipset with a dual core 1.2 GHz processor
The Evo 3D uses two rear-facing 5-megapixel cameras, capable of capturing videos in 720p resolution in 3D or in 1080p while recording standard 2D. It can also take photos in stereographic 3D at 5 MPx2 resolution. It features a single 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
The Evo 3D features 4GB internal storage and a pre-installed 8 GB microSDHC card. Its microSD slot supports cards up to 32 GB. Unofficially, the Evo 3D also supports 64 GB microSDXC cards as long as they are reformatted as FAT32 file system format.
- Zeman, Eric. "HTC Evo 3D Approved with 800MHz ESMR Support". Phonescoop.com. Archived from the original on 7 September 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "HTC Mobile Phones - Evo Sprint - Overview". Htc.com. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "HTC Evo 4G Update Back With Improved Wi-Fi". www.phonescoop.com. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Sprint Relay Store". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- Savov, Vlad. "HTC Evo 3D Launches June 24th". Blog Post. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "HTC EVO V 4G (Virgin Mobile USA) hands-on". Engadget. Retrieved 20 June 2012.