|Slogan||Sculpted by us. Personalized by you.|
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz HSPA/WCDMA 900 2100 MHz|
|First released||1 April 2010|
|Successor||HTC One V|
|Dimensions||112 mm (4.4 in) H|
56.3 mm (2.22 in) W
11.5 mm (0.45 in) D
|Mass||126 g (4.4 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.1 eclair (upgradable to 2.2 Froyo) with HTC Sense. Unofficially to 2.3.7 with CyanogenMod 7|
|CPU||Qualcomm MSM 7227 600 MHz processor|
|Memory||384 MB RAM|
512 MB ROM
|Storage||microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)|
microSD slot: supports up to 32 GB
Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery
|Display||320 × 480 px (0.15 megapixels), 3.2 in (81 mm), 180 PPI, HVGA, AMOLED|
|Rear camera||5 megapixel with auto focus, widescreen photo capture, geotagging|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen display, volume controls, proximity and ambient light sensors, GPS|
|Hearing aid compatibility||M4|
The HTC Legend is a phone manufactured by HTC Corporation in Taiwan for the Android platform. It was unveiled by HTC during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on 16 February 2010 and went on sale on 10 March 2010.
The Legend's body is made from one block of aluminium. It has a removable battery, which slides out from a compartment at the bottom of the phone. In North America, it was first offered by Virgin Mobile Canada and Bell.
At its release, the unit shipped with Android 2.1 (codename eclair). Starting November 2010, there was a firmware update to Android 2.2 (codename FroyO). The update was customized by various carriers to suit their respective networks, and as such has been released to different groups at different times. Most upgrades are expected to occur over the air.
Vodafone and Virgin were first to release the update to the European public on 15 November 2010. HTC released the update to unlocked handsets throughout Europe on 9 December 2010 and throughout India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Taiwan on 15 December 2010. The update was released to Canadian customers on Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile on 16 March 2011.
Early reviews of the HTC Legend have been mostly positive, with critics praising its design and improved HTC Sense user interface and increased performance over its predecessor, the HTC Hero. Critics have also praised the optical trackpad at the bottom of the phone which replaces the analogue trackball on the HTC Hero with a better design, whilst complementing the aesthetics of the phone.
CNET UK reviewed the phone on 8 March and awarded the phone 9.2/10.
Nonetheless, some users are reporting issues, notably with the antenna and call reception quality, and lack of consistent carrier support.
- "HTC Legend Specification". Archived from the original on 2012-09-11.
- "HTC Magic / myTouch 3G - PhoneNews.com Phone Encyclopedia Wiki". Archived from the original on 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "HTC updates Google Nexus One". Techworld. 2010-02-16. Archived from the original on 2011-09-13. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- "» HTC Legend débarque chez Virgin Mobile avant Bell". Maximejohnson.com/techno : actualités technologiques, tests et opinions par le journaliste techno Maxime Johnson. Archived from the original on 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- Vlad Savov. "HTC Legend debuts on Virgin Mobile in Canada, glances furtively southwards". Engadget. AOL. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "DiGi bundles HTC Legend with Android 2.1 with DG Smart Plan - SoyaCincau". soyacincau.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-24. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- Paul Lamkin (20 May 2022). "Froyo flies in for Vodafone HTC Legend". pocket-lint.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- "HTC Desire Android 2.2 Froyo Released 11/11/10 - Help & Support Forum". Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2010-12-24.
- "HTC on Twitter". Twitter. Archived from the original on 2016-03-24. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- "News". PC World India. Archived from the original on 2010-12-20. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- "News: Malaysia HTC Legend gets Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade now | Blogged.my". Archived from the original on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "HTC Legend Froyo update now available in Indonesia and Taiwan". AndroidOS.in. 15 December 2010. Archived from the original on 18 December 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Virgin Mobile HTC Legend upgrade to OS 2.2 Froyo now available". mobilesyrup.com. 16 March 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- "HTC Legend Review". Flora Graham. CNET UK. March 8, 2010. Archived from the original on March 12, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- Kat Hannaford (8 March 2010). "HTC Legend Review: Frankly, It Feels Expensive". Gizmodo. Gawker Media. Archived from the original on 27 August 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- HTC Legend Antenna Issues Archived 2012-12-09 at the Wayback Machine