HTC Wildfire S
|Slogan||Live it. Love it. Share it.|
• Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz;
• HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz;United States: CDMA 850/1900 MHz
Australia: WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
|Availability by region||15 February 2011|
|Successor||HTC Explorer, HTC Desire C|
|Form factor||Slate smartphone|
|Dimensions||101.3 × 59.4 × 12.4 mm|
3.99 × 2.34 × 0.49 in
|Mass||105 g (3.7 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (upgradable to 2.3.5) with HTC Sense 2.1.Non-official CyanogenMod ports of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 Jelly Bean, and 4.4.2 KitKat exist.|
|CPU||Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz, ARMv6 architecture|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Storage||512 MB (150 MB available)|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 32 GB|
|Battery||Li-ion 1230 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch Capacitive touch screen.|
|Display||3.2" 65,536 color TFT LCD HVGA (320 × 480) at 180 pixels per inch.|
|Rear camera||5 Mpix, autofocus, LED flash|
|Connectivity||• Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n|
• Bluetooth 3.0 with FTP/OPP, A2DP, PBAP profiles
|Other||Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Microsoft Exchange, Google Maps turn-by-turn navigation|
Hardware and software
HTC Wildfire S is considered to be an update of 2010's HTC Wildfire, having a newer, 600 MHz processor by Qualcomm, support for the faster Bluetooth 3.0 specification, and a screen with double the resolution (HVGA, updated from QVGA).
Unlike its predecessor, the Wildfire S has no trackball or trackpad.
In the United States, it is available through carriers US Cellular, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA and MetroPCS; in Canada through Bell Canada and Virgin Mobile Canada; in Australia through Telstra; in New Zealand through Telecom New Zealand; and in India it is available in open market.
In Pakistan, it is available throughout in market and uses networks are Telenor, Ufone, Jazz and Zong.
- "HTC Wildfire S Product Overview". HTC. 2011. Archived from the original on 18 October 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "HTC Incredible S, Desire S and Wildfire S showcased at MWC". Mobilegyaan.com. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "HTC Wildfire S to launch on 13 May in the UK, starts at 230 quid". GSMArena.com. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 April 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The HTC Wildfire is back, and HTC has almost nothing to do with it". Circuit Breaker. 24 August 2019. Archived from the original on 14 August 2019.
- "Support: Software update: HTC Wildfire S". T-Mobile Support. Archived from the original on 17 September 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Android 4.0 ICS for HTC Wildfire S! (LeWa OS + CM9)". HTC Wildfire S Blog. 13 June 2012. Archived from the original on 31 December 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Virgin Mobile USA". Virginmobileusa.marketwire.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- MetroPCS Archived 11 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine