HTC Wildfire S
|Successor||HTC Explorer, HTC Desire C|
|Form factor||Slate smartphone|
|Dimensions||101.3 (3.99) × 59.4 (2.34) × 12.4 (0.49) mm (in)|
|Weight||105 g (3.7 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) (Upgradable to 2.3.5) with HTC Sense 2.1. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and Android 4.4.2 KitKat are supported with CyanogenMod, although not officially supported)|
|CPU||Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz, ARM6 type|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Storage||512 MB (150 MB available)|
|Removable storage||Supports up to 32 GB microSD|
|Battery||Li-ion 1230 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touch screen.
|Display||3.2 in (8.1 cm) 65,536 color TFT LCD HVGA (320 × 480) at 180 pixels per inch.|
|Rear camera||5 Megapixel autofocus with LED flash and Geotagging|
United States: CDMA 850/1900Australia: WCDMA 850/2100
|Other||Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Microsoft Exchange, Google turn-by-turn navigation|
The HTC Wildfire S is a smartphone developed by the HTC Corporation. The model was announced on 15 February 2011 at the Mobile World Congress and released in Europe three months later. It is powered by a 600 MHz Qualcomm processor and runs the Android operating system, version 2.3.5. However, by rooting the user is able to install versions such as Android 4.0 and Android 4.1. The Wildfire S includes a TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen and a 5-megapixel camera.
It is considered to be an update of 2010's HTC Wildfire, having a newer processor, support for the faster Bluetooth 3.0 specification, and crucially, a screen with double the resolution (HVGA, updated from QVGA). It also has the newer Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) version of the Android OS and an upgrade of HTC's Sense UI.
Also unlike its predecessor, there is no trackball or pad.
In the United States, it is available through carriers US Cellular, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA and MetroPCS; in Canada through Bell Canada and Virgin Mobile Canada; in Australia through Telstra; in New Zealand through Telecom New Zealand; and in India it is available in open market.
In Pakistan, it is available throughout in market and uses networks are Telenor, Ufone, Jazz and Zong.
- List of HTC phones
- Comparison of smartphones
- Galaxy Nexus
- HTC Sense
- List of Smartphones using HD Voice
- February 18, 2011 (2011-02-18). "HTC Incredible S, Desire S and Wildfire S showcased at MWC". Mobilegyaan.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Support: Software update: HTC Wildfire S". Support.t-mobile.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Android 4.0 ICS for HTC Wildfire S! (LeWa OS + CM9) - HTC Wildfire S Blog - Tutorials, Root, Tips and Tricks". HTC Wildfire S Blog. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Serbia (2011-02-15). "HTC Wildfire S Product Overview - HTC Smartphones". Htc.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Virgin Mobile USA". Virginmobileusa.marketwire.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- MetroPCS[dead link]