|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
HTML Tidy is a console application whose purpose is to fix invalid HTML, detect potential web accessibility errors, and improve the layout and indent style of the resulting markup. It is also a cross-platform library that can be used by programmers in computer applications to add HTML Tidy's capabilities to them.
Its source code is written in ANSI C for maximum portability and compiled binary files are available for a variety of platforms. It is available under the W3C Software Notice and License (a permissive, BSD-style license). Up-to-date versions are currently available as source code cloned from its GitHub git version control repository, or in binary packages for multiple operating systems from its GitHub Releases repository.
Examples of fixes it can make to bad HTML:
- Straighten mixed-up tags
- Fix missing or mismatched end tags
- Add missing items (some tags, quotes, ...)
- Report proprietary HTML extensions
- Change layout of markup to predefined style
- Transform characters from some encodings into HTML entities
HMTL Tidy Applications
Online HTML Tidy is a free web browser application, able to correct invalid HTML code and execute the desired cleaning options.
- "Repository". Github.org. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Raggett, Dave. "Clean up your Web pages with HTML TIDY". W3C.org. Retrieved 2015-02-12. (Dave Raggett's legacy HTML Tidy page.)
- "SourceForge.net Repository - [tidy] Index of /". Tidy.cvs.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- tidy-html5 on GitHub
- Smith, Michael. "Michael[tm] Smith". W3C.org. Retrieved 2015-02-12.
- "HTACG". HTACG.org. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Jim Derry. "HTML Tidy Advocacy Community Group". W3.org. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "HTML Tidy - Online Markup Corrector". www.htmltidy.net. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- HTML Tidy Project Page
- Current Source Code
- Official Binary Releases
- HTML Tidy Project Page (legacy)
- HTML Tidy Online
- HTML Tidy service an online version of W3C's HTML checker (warning: outdated)
- Mozilla/Firefox extension for HTML validation based on Tidy
- Tidy PHP extension overview
- HTML Tidy for Windows, Batch Files for the Command Prompt
- Balthisar Tidy, a GUI version of Tidy for macOS that uses Tidy-HTML5.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|