HUGO (cable system)
It has landing points in:
- Porthcurno, Cornwall, England, the United Kingdom
- Pembroke, Vale Parish, Guernsey, the Channel Islands
- Saints Bay, St Martin Parish, Guernsey, the Channel Islands
- Lannion, Côtes-d'Armor, Brittany, France
HUGO East, a separate cable system, includes a direct connection between Jersey and France, and another to Guernsey. HUGO East makes use of the fibre optics within the cable that supplies both Jersey and Guernsey with power.[dead link]
In November 2016 a ship, possibly an LPG tanker the "King Arthur", dragging an anchor cut all three communication cables connecting Guernsey to England, just north of Alderney. All Channel Island communications were diverted to using the CIEG and HUGO East connections to France.
- "Bringing world class services to Guernsey". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- "Phase 2 of Hugo". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- "Cable & Wireless invests £2 million to enhance off-island network". Archived from the original on 2009-10-05. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- "Damage To JT Cables 'Unprecedented'". Island FM. 29 November 2016.
|This article related to telecommunications is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|