HaEmek Medical Center
|HaEmek Medical Center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Israel|
Located in the central part of the Jezreel Valley (Emek Yizrael), the hospital is one in a network of hospitals owned and operated by Clalit Health Services, and is affiliated with the Technion's Rappaport Faculty of Medicine.
The origins of this medical institution date back to a design by Alexander Baerwald in 1924. The hospital was opened on April 29, 1930. In 1932 it was temporarily closed due to lack of funds. Through the years the hospital gradually grew into one of the biggest medical facilities in Israel. Nowadays the hospital serves about 700,000 residents of the adjacent region. The hospital has about 1,900 employees.
- "דף הבית | שירותי בריאות כללית". www.clalit.co.il.
- "מרכז רפואי העמק | מרכז רפואי העמק".
- "עמוד ענן - המדריך השיתופי לידיעת הארץ". amudanan.co.il.
- "Putting his heart into it - Magazine - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com.
- "*A doctor on a mission* - Israel News - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com.
- Silverman, Anav (November 21, 2013). "Showing Scotland another side of Israel". Ynetnews.
- HaEmek Medical Center (official site)