HaEmek Medical Center
The origins of this medical institution date back to a design by Alexander Baerwald in 1924. The hospital was opened on April 29, 1930. In 1932 it was temporarily closed due to lack of funds. Through the years the hospital gradually grew into one of the biggest medical facilities in Israel. Nowadays the hospital serves about 500,000 residents of the adjacent region. The hospital has about 1,900 employees.
- "דף הבית | שירותי בריאות כללית". www.clalit.co.il.
- "עמוד ענן - המדריך השיתופי לידיעת הארץ". amudanan.co.il.
- "Putting his heart into it - Magazine - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com.
- "*A doctor on a mission* - Israel News - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com.
- "Showing Scotland another side of Israel". Ynetnews. November 21, 2013.