HaMerotz LaMillion 2
|Season run||October 25, 2011 – February 11, 2012|
|Filming dates||March 30 – April 26, 2011
January 11, 2012
|No. of episodes||27 (30 including recaps)|
|Winning team||Bar Ben-Vakil & Inna Broder|
|No. of legs||13|
HaMerotz LaMillion (Hebrew: המירוץ למיליון, Race to the Million) is an Israeli reality television game show based on the American series, The Amazing Race. The show's second season featured 11 teams of two (in pre-existing relationships) in a race around the world to win ₪1,000,000.
On February 11, 2011 Ron Shahar was announced as the show's new host, replacing Raz Meirman. Its second season premiered on October 25, 2011 and ended on February 11, 2012. The second-season finale was filmed on January 11, 2012 in Singapore. Painter and saleswoman Bar Ben-Vakil and Inna Broder were winners of the race.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode titles
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Hungary)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (China)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Thailand)
- 5.10 Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- 5.11 Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
- 5.12 Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- 5.13 Leg 13 (Singapore)
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Development and filming
Channel 2 greenlit the second season on September 20, 2010. Most filming was done in a 28-day period from March 30 to April 26, 2011, with the last leg taped on January 11, 2012. The second season spanned nine countries. Eight were previously unvisited, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. China had been previously visited.
The host recorded blogs during filming, which could be viewed on the show's website.
The following teams, with their relationships at the time of filming, participated in the race. This table is not reflective of all content broadcast on television, due to the inclusion (or exclusion) of data. Listed by finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|בר ואינה||Bar & Inna||Painter and Saleswoman||8th⊃||8th⊃||6th−||6th⊃||1st||3rd⊂||4th||5th<||5th⊂||1stƒ||3rd||1st||1st||Bar 4, Inna 5|
|אלון ואורן||Alon & Oren||Brothers||3rd⊃||1st⊃||2nd<||2nd⊃||2nd||2nd||1st⊂||1st−||3rd||2nd||2nd||3rd||2nd||Alon 6, Oren 4|
|עקיבא וענהאל||Akiva & Anaelle||Married Orthodox Jews||1st||5th||3rd||5th||5th||1st⊃||2nd⊃||2nd>||2nd⊃||3rd7||1st||2nd||3rd||Anaelle 5, Akiva 5|
|טום ואדל||Tom & Adele||Footballer and Girlfriend8||5th⊃||3rd⊃||5th>||7th⊂||6th||4th⊃||3rd⊃||4th>||1st⊃||4th||4th||4th||Tom 6, Adele 4|
|אסנת וכרמית||Osnat & Carmit||Friends from Kiryat Ekron||6th||4th−3||7th||4th⊃||3rdƒ5||6th⊃||5th6||3rd>||4th⊃−||5th||Osnat 5, Carmit 5|
|פונדק ומוטי||Pundak & Moti||DJ & Security Company CEO||2nd⊃||2nd⊃||1st||3rd||4th||5th⊃−||6th⊃||Pundak 3, Moti 4|
|אלון וחן||Alon & Hen||Newlyweds||4th⊂||6th⊂||4th>||1st||7th−||Alon 3, Hen 2|
|פיראס ושירה||Firass & Shira||Muslim & Jewish Girlfriend||7th||7th||8th>4||Firass 2, Shira 14|
|ניצן ופיפי||Nitzan & Fifi||Bakers||9th||9th||Nitzan 2, Fifi 0|
|טל ומור||Tal & Mor||Mother and Daughter||10th2||Tal 12, Mor 0|
|גדי ואלונה||Gadi & Alona||Friends||11th1||Gadi 0, Alona 0|
- A red placement means the team was eliminated.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop; all teams were ordered to continue racing. An underlined team placement indicates that the team came in last on a "continue racing" leg was not eliminated.
- A blue placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined blue placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination leg and had to perform a Speed Bump during the next leg of the race.
- An italicized blue placement indicates that the team was Marked for Elimination; if they did not place first in the next leg, they would receive a one-hour (end of leg 6) or 30-minute (end of leg 9) penalty.
- An orange + indicates that there was a Double-Battle on this leg of the race; an orange − indicates the team that lost the Double-Battle and received a 15-minute penalty.
- A brown ⊂ indicates the team received a U-Turn; a brown ⊃ indicates that the team voted for the recipient. A brown ⊂⊃ around a leg number indicates a leg where a U-Turn was available but not used.
- A yellow < indicates a team who received a Yield, and a yellow > indicates that a team voted for the recipient.
- ^ Gadi & Alona were the last team to arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport, and were eliminated according to the first leg's rules (see below).
- ^ Tal & Mor initially arrived eighth, but because Tal was unable to complete the Roadblock task the team was issued a one-hour penalty. Bar & Inna and Nitzan & Fifi, the only two teams trailing them at that point, checked in during that period and in Tal & Mor were eliminated.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were unable to complete the ice-hockey task, and received a one-hour penalty.
- ^ Firass & Shira received a one-hour penalty for not completing the Roadblock (due to Shira's low blood pressure).
- ^ Osnat & Carmit were forced to quit the Double-Battle because of Ornat's injury.
- ^ Osnat & Carmit initially arrived fifth, but received a one-hour penalty for being Marked for Elimination and not finishing first. This did not affect their placement.
- ^ Akiva & Anaelle took a short penalty of unknown length for refusing to take part in the Buddhist blessing ceremony.
- ^ In the middle of the season, Tom & Adele were no longer dating. Despite the breakup, their on-screen caption remained the same.
For the first time in Amazing Race history, teams could vote for a U-Turn or Yield. The team with the most votes received the U-Turn (or Yield) penalty, depending on the leg.
|U-Turned/Yielded:||Alon & Hen
|Alon & Hen
|Alon & Oren
|Tom & Adele
|Bar & Inna
|Alon & Oren
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna
|Bar & Inna||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Osnat & Carmit||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Alon & Oren||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Tom & Adele||Akiva & Anaelle||Akiva & Anaelle||Unknown|
|Akiva & Anaelle||Tal & Mor||Nitzan & Fifi||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Tom & Adele||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Osnat & Carmit||Firass & Shira||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Tom & Adele||Bar & Inna||Pundak & Moti||Bar & Inna||Bar & Inna||Unknown|
|Pundak & Moti||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Alon & Hen||Bar & Inna||Alon & Oren|
|Alon & Hen||Pundak & Moti||Pundak & Moti||Alon & Oren||Alon & Oren|
|Firass & Shira||Nitzan & Fifi||Osnat & Carmit||Alon & Oren|
|Nitzan & Fifi||Firass & Shira||Firass & Shira|
|Tal & Mor||Pundak & Moti|
|Gadi & Alona|
Translated from Hebrew from the official website:
- Amazing Race Premiere (Leg 1)
- Something Fire! (!משהו אש) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 1)
- The Complete Chapter (הפרק המלא) (Leg 2)
- Breaking the Ice (שוברים את הקרח) (Leg 2)
- Does is it All End In Peace? (?האם הכל יגמר בשלום) (Leg 3)
- For the Best? (?מעז יצא מתוק) (Leg 3)
- Tom and Adele Being Left Behind (טום ואדל נשארים מאחור) (Leg 4)
- The Opportunity of a Lifetime (הזדמנות של פעם בחיים) (Leg 4)
- The Baptism of Fire! (!טבילת אש) (Leg 5)
- Deal Breaker (משחק מסוכן) (Leg 5)
- Racing Legend! (!מירוץ מהאגדות) (Leg 5)
- It's All Magic (זה כל הקסם) (Recap)
- The Chinese Language is Difficult (סינית שפה קשה) (Leg 6)
- Sweet Pain? (?כאב מתוק) (Leg 6)
- The Shawshank Redemption (חומות של תקווה) (Leg 7)
- No Limits! (!חסרי מעצורים) (Leg 7)
- Who Will Enter the Final Quintet? (?מי יכנס לחמישיית הגמר) (Leg 7)
- Occupy Bangkok (כובשים את בנגקוק) (Leg 8)
- Non-Stop Race (מירוץ ללא הפסקה) (Leg 8)
- The Low Down (יורדים נמוך) (Legs 8 and 9)
- Homesick (מתגעגעים הביתה) (Leg 9)
- Separate From Thailand (נפרדים מתאילנד) (Leg 9)
- The Greatest Moments of the Race (הרגעים הגדולים של המירוץ) (recap)
- Dreaming About A Place in the Final (חולמים על מקום בגמר) (Leg 10)
- The Couples in the Race of Their Lives! (!הזוגות במירוץ חייהם) (Leg 10)
- The Final Battle in the Final (הקרב האחרון בדרך אל הגמר) (Leg 11)
- Last Step in a Million! (!צעד אחרון למיליון) (Leg 12)
- The Sky's the Limit (השמיים הם הגבול) (Leg 13)
- Reunion (recap)
- Legs 1-7, 9-10: A vacation
- Leg 11: A prepaid credit card with a large sum of money
- Leg 13:
- First place – ₪1,000,000
- Second place – Two scooters
- Third place – A holiday abroad
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| צומת (Detour) מחסום (Roadblock) קיצור דרך (Fast Forward) עצור (Yield)
סיבוב פרסה (U-Turn) פס האטה (Speed Bump) נקודת סיום (Pit Stop)
Leg 1 (Israel → Hungary)
- Jerusalem, Israel (Teddy Stadium) (starting line)
- Ruhama (Wadi Shiqma)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) (elimination point)
- Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion International Airport) to Budapest, Hungary (Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport)
- Pilisvörösvár (Shivabenstube Restaurant)
- Puss Laci (Pig sty)
- Budapest (Music Hall or the circus just outside)
- Budapest (Óbuda Square)
- Budapest (Astra Filmstudios)
- Budapest (Széchenyi thermal bath)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between קרקס (Qerqes - Circus) or ואלס (Vales - Waltz). In Circus, teams had to perform a circus act by walking on a tightrope and then maintain stability on a board balanced on a wheel. After the teammate performed properly, they received the next clue. In Waltz teams had to learn a waltz for judges, who rated their dance accuracy, and needed at least 20 points to receive the next clue. For this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to enter an aquarium with their hands and feet secured by iron chains. When the teammate escaped the flooding aquarium by finding two correct keys in the bottom and opening the locks on the chains, they received their next clue.
At the beginning of the race, each team had to retrieve the key for its vehicle from a pile of ropes and climb rope ladders to enter the car. When the driver from each team sounded the horn, the team received the next clue. To find the code to the safe in their car, teams had to listen to a series of songs at Wadi Shiqma and recognize three colors. After recognizing the colors (red, white and green), they had to grab three balls with the three colors and numbers on them. After teams found the balls, they could encrypt the code to the safe in their car (which held flight tickets for the first destination). The first five teams received tickets for the first flight from Tel Aviv to Budapest, and the next five teams received tickets for the second flight. The last team would not receive a ticket, and would be eliminated.
In the restaurant at Pilisvörösvár, while sharing one water glass per team, team members had to eat a bowl of spicy goulash. After both teammates finished the goulash, they received the next clue. At Puss Laci Pigsty, teams had to catch the pigs and turn them over to the farmer before receiving the next clue. At Óbuda Square, teammates had to face each other with one holding a soda syphon and the other a glass. When the glass was full, they received the next clue. On their way to Astra Filmstudios, the teams (in straitjackets) had to get a cab and direct the driver to the destination. Teams had to solve one side of a Rubik's Cube, with a picture of the Széchenyi thermal bath on it, to learn that the bath was their first Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Hungary)
- Budapest (Hockey Arena)
- Budapest (Almássy tér (Hungarian)) (Double-Battle)
- Budapest (Ligetvaros Irodahaz or NAP TV)
- Budapest (Address 1800)
- Budapest (Dohány Street Synagogue)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Square)
- Budapest (Elisabeth Bridge)
- Budapest (Buda Castle)
In the first Double-Battle at Almássy tér, two teams had to wrestle in a tub of chocolate syrup while trying to fill the rival team's chocolate jar. When the rival team's jar was full the winning team received the next clue, and the losing team waited for the next team to challenge them. The last team remaining had to wait 15 minutes after their final loss to receive their next clue. In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between כוכב קולנוע (Khocheb Qelnoah; Movie Star) and כוכב טלוויזיה (Khocheb Televyziah; TV Star). In Movie Star, team members had to dub a scene from a Hungarian film at Ligetvaros Irodahaz. After dubbing five phrases correctly, they received the next clue. In TV Star the teams traveled to NAP TV, where team members had to read the weather forecast for Hungary from a teleprompter. After reading it accurately, they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, a team member had to crack a block of ice to access the next clue (which was frozen inside).
At the hockey arena, one team member had score two goals while the other held a large, heavy block of ice. The hockey-playing team member could attempt to shoot goals when the ice holder held the block of ice off the floor. When two goals were scored, the team received its next clue.
At the Dohány Street Synagogue, teams had to convince five people to wear a beard like Theodor Herzl's, lean on a fence and say his catchphrase, "Im Tirzu Ein Zo Agada". After each team photographed five people doing this, they received their next clue. At Elisabeth Bridge, the teams had to count the columns on one side of the bridge. When they counted correctly (2,377 columns), they could use the number to open a combination lock on a box containing the next clue.
Leg 3 (Hungary → Bosnia and Herzegovina → Croatia)
- Budapest (Budapest Deli railway station) to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sarajevo (Gavrilo Princip Bridge)
- Sarajevo (Old Town Square) (Double-Battle)
- Sarajevo (Jahorina Ski Resort) (Overnight Rest)
- Mostar (Stari Most)
- Dubrovnik, Croatia (Sport Center)
- Dubrovnik (Gradskavana)
- Dubrovnik (Walls of Dubrovnik)
- Dubrovnik (Minčeta Tower)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to wear a swimsuit, put on skis and be towed down a ski hill behind a snowmobile; when they reached the bottom without falling, the team received the next clue. For the Detour, teams had to choose between כדורגל (Kaduregel; Soccer) and כדורסל (Kadursal; Basketball). In Soccer one team member had to score three goals on three targets while the second member, dressed as a cheerleader, cheered them on. When the first member scored three goals, they switched roles; when both members scored three goals, the team received the next clue. In Basketball, teams played against two Croatian basketball players and had to score twenty baskets (ten apiece). At least one basket had to be scored with a trampoline, ladder, supermarket cart and a chair before they received their next clue. In the double battle at Old Town Square, the teams played musical chairs with each other and local residents. If, after a round, one team's member was out the competing team received the next clue. The losing team had to wait to compete with the next team, and the last team had to wait 15 minutes to continue.
On the Gavrilo Princip Bridge, team members faced each other; one threw live fish at the other, who had to catch them in their mouth and eat them without using their hands. After every five misses the throwing member had to eat a fish, and when the second member caught one fish the team received the next clue. At Stari Most the teams learned who would receive the yield, and at Gradskavana they had to eat 1.5 kilograms (3.3 lb) of cremeschnitte without hands before receiving the next clue.
At the Walls of Dubrovnik, one team member had to climb the walls (which are divided into three levels) while the second member collected gold coins from passers-by. After every five coins given to the gatekeeper, the first member could climb one more level. After they finished climbing, the team had to put the coins in a chest to receive the next clue. On the Minčeta Tower, the teams had to find the water-fountain sculpture of Lady Pee Pee and drink from it before continuing to the pit stop.
Leg 4 (Croatia → Poland)
- Dubrovnik (Dubrovnik Airport) to Kraków, Poland (John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice)
- Kraków (Main Market Square)
- Kraków (Kazimierz)
- Kraków (Szeroka Restaurant)
- Kraków (#16 Green Street)
- Kraków (Opera Krakowska)
- Wieliczka (Wieliczka Salt Mine)
- Kraków (Kraków Streets)
- Kraków (16 Sebastianna Street)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between חכמי חלם (Hachmey HaChelm; Men of Chelm) and קניידלעך (Qenyeydel'ek; Matzo Balls). In Men of Chelm, teams had to fill a bucket with a pole of perforated water buckets; after they filled the big bucket, they received the next clue. In Matzo Balls, teams had to recognize two songs after an accordionist played only one note. To "purchase" another note, team members had to eat two matzo balls; when they recognized the songs, they received the next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member went into the salt mines and pushed a heavy cart of salt blocks from the Chapel of Saint Kinga to a hall. They licked a salt wall until they found a sweet spot, then dug in the salt-block cart for a crystal to unlock the next clue.
At the main market square, teams had to convince passers-by to help them carry a Fiat 126 from one parking space to another. Afterwards, the team and everyone who helped them had to enter the car and close the doors before receiving the next clue. At Kazimierz, teams had to communicate through their tablet to three Israeli entertainers (Tzipi Shavit, Hanny Nahmias and Irit Anavi) and tell them five jokes about Polish women after using the tablets for one minute to find jokes on the Internet. After the three agreed that all five jokes were funny, they gave the teams the next clue.
At Opera Krakowska, teams had to learn a sequence of ballet steps from Swan Lake and perform them to the teacher's satisfaction to receive the next clue. On Kraków Street, one team member had to ask pedestrians to give them a kiss while the other one had to take tablet photos of the kiss; fifty kisses obtained the next clue.
Leg 5 (Poland → Czech Republic)
- Kraków (Kraków Główny railway station) to Kutná Hora, Czech Republic
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones)
- Kutná Hora (Church of Bones underground tunnels) (Double-Battle)
- Prague (Florence Street (Czech))
- Prague (Trafika Store) (overnight rest)
- Prague (Wenceslas Square)
- Prague (Old Town Square)
- Prague (Náměstí Republiky (Czech))
- Prague (streets)
- Prague (Střelecký Island (Czech))
For this leg's Roadblock one team member, in a protective suit, was lit ablaze. While on fire, they ran zigzag around flaming barrels and chose the correct briefcase from a group of three. In the race's first Fast Forward, the teams had to model nude for art students for one hour. For the Speed Bump, Tom and Adele had to sing a Czech children's song for donations from passers-by; when they collected Kč100, they continued the race. In the Double Battle at the underground tunnels the teams roller-skated dressed as witches, collecting plastic bats and throwing them into a vase. The first team to collect four bats won, receiving the next clue.
At the Church of Bones, one team member counted the number of skulls in the main hall while the read the church's history aloud. At the Kutná Hora underground tunnels the teams entered the witch chamber, deciding if they had to use the witch's broom to sweep the floor (to find their next clue). At Trafika Store, the teams had to find their next clue (directing them to Wenceslas Square) in a local newspaper.
At the Old Town Square the teams were tour guides, taking a random tourist on a carriage ride. Stopping at three monuments, they described each one in only seven words. When they succeeded, the teams received the next clue. Their next task was to find two girls named Jana, buy them gifts from they own money and photograph them with the gifts to receive the next clue. On the streets, the teams (in armor) carried a canopy with a crown in it to find a princess. When they found her, she directed them to the next clue.
Leg 6 (Czech Republic → China)
- Prague (Prague Ruzyně Airport) to Beijing, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)
- Beijing (Beijing National Training Complex)
- Beijing (Fire Temple) (Double-Battle)
- Beijing (Huguang Guild Hall)
- Beijing (Kitchen of Huguang Guild Hall)
- Beijing (Yangzhou Spa)
- Beijing (798 Art Zone)
- Beijing (798 Space)
- Beijing (Jingshan Park)
For this leg's Detour, the teams chose between מלצרות (Meltzerot; Waitressing) and גלגל ביש המזל (Gelgel Beysh HaMazel; Wheel of Misfortune). In Waitressing the teams waited tables in a restaurant, serving meals to eight customers who ordered in Chinese. When the teams served the meals without mistakes, they received the next clue. In Wheel of Misfortune, teams had to spin a wheel with the names of traditional Chinese meals and eat the meal chosen to receive the next clue. In the Roadblock one team member had to get a 20-minute foot massage, which could be painful; when the team member weathered the massage, they received the next clue. In the double battle at Fire Temple, teams competed in nutcracking.
- Additional note
- The original Pit Stop was located at Jingshan Park's Top Pavilion. However, due to operating hours, it was relocated to the park's entrance after two of the teams had checked in.
At the Beijing National Training Complex, the teams had to choose one of three gymnastic exercises (balance beam, parallel bars or ribbons) and perform it perfectly to receive the next clue. They then had to walk from the complex to the Fire Shrine in Chinese high heels. In the 798 Art Zone district, the teams heard the Hebrew version of "Drei Chinesen mit dem Kontrabass" and had to find people who illustrated the song (two people with a big violin being chased by a police officer) to receive the next clue. At 798 Space, the teams had to separate stuffed toys with a "Made In China" label from others and count them. When they counted the correct number of toys (which differed for each team), they received the next clue.
Leg 7 (China)
- Beijing (Yuan Ming Yuan Maze)
- Beijing (Great Wall of China)
- Beijing (Zhongshan Park)
- Beijing (Beiying Studios)
- Beijing (Zhongguancun)
- Beijing (Shanghai China Market)
- Beijing (Huguang Guild Hall)
For this leg's Detour, the choice was between שפיץ (Shpeytz; Spitz) and קפיץ (Q'feytz; Spring). In Spitz the teams had to learn to play the local version of Hacky Sack, bouncing a ball to one another 25 times with only their feet and palms. In Spring, one team member played a Chinese song on an erhu while the other sang and danced. In the Roadblock, one team member had to prove themselves worthy of a Chinese bride; they had to apply red lipstick and write "I love U" on a piece of paper with their lips, and then brush their teeth with wasabi-flavored toothpaste for one minute.
At the Yuan Ming Yuan Maze, the teams had to search for four things invented in China; although there were many inventions hidden in the maze, only five were of Chinese origin. They brought them to a Chinese sage in the center of the maze; if they guessed correctly, they received their next clue and a large plush Mushi (Beijing's panda).
At the Great Wall of China the teams rode a chairlift to a point on the wall, where they received a rolled-up paper with a word-search game of China-related words. They climbed hundreds of steps to the fifth tower, where they finished the word search, and climbed more steps to the next guard tower (where they exchanged their completed word search and panda for the next clue). The teams then rode a toboggan down a track to the Great Wall entrance.
At Zhongguancun, the teams gathered 10 Chinese people and taught them to dance while singing "Hava Nagila". In the porcelain store at the Shanghai China Market the teams, in elephant costumes, walked through the narrow store aisles while trying not to knock over the porcelain plates lining the store shelves. They then had to repair some of the broken plates while serving a penalty based on the damage.
Leg 8 (China → Thailand)
- Beijing (Beijing Capital International Airport) to Bangkok, Thailand Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Bangkok (Siam Ocean World)
- Bangkok (Wat Tawarat) (Double-Battle)
- Bangkok (Chatuchak Weekend Market) (overnight rest)
- Bangkok (Sasiprapa Gym)
- Bangkok (Shoshana Restaurant)
- Bangkok (Fahorat Market and B. Bogie's Collections)
- Bangkok (Wat Suthat)
In this leg's Detour, the teams had to choose between לקנות (Leqnot; Buy) or למכור (Lemkhor; Sell). In Buy, the teams had to buy ten items for less than the seller's original price to receive the next clue. In Sell, the teams had to persuade twenty Thai people to eat falafel to receive their next clue. For the Roadblock, one team member had to learn two Muay Thai exercises and perform them correctly on a Thai boxer to receive the next clue. In the Double-Battle at Wat Tawarat, one team member had to meditate with a vase on their head while the other tried to make the vase fall with vocal sound. After five minutes, they could tickle with a feather. When the vase fell from the team member's head, the opposing team won the double battle and received the next clue.
At Siam Ocean World, one team member dove into an aquarium full of sharks and the second picked out words from a board for the diving team member. The diving member had to pick up the words from the bottom of the aquarium, with the team receiving their next clue after the diver picked up all the correct words. After the detour, the teams would learn who would receive the yield.
The teams found ten Israeli tourists in the street and dressed them in the team's shirt. They took the tourists to Shoshana Restaurant, singing "Shoshan Shoshana" to the cashier for the next clue. At Fahorat Market, the teams had to take a roll of fabric to Bogie the Tailor so he could make them a suit; when they wore the suit, they received the next clue.
Leg 9 (Thailand)
- Bangkok (Wat Arun)
- Bangkok (Karaoke Taxis Station)
- Pattaya, Chonburi Province (Pattaya Beaches) (Overnight Rest)
- Pattaya (Ban Amphur) (Double-Battle)
- Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Beach)
- Pattaya (Pattaya Park Tower)
- Pattaya (Bali Hai)
For the Detour, the teams chose between שקשק אותו (Sheqsheq Aotov; Slosh It) and פוצץ אותו (Potzetz Aotov; Pop It). In Slosh It, the teams tasted a fresh-fruit smoothie and had to identify the fruits from which it was made by taste. They then had to collect the fruits (scattered along the beach) while hopping in a sack. In Pop It, the teams participated in a traditional activity meant to scare off evil spirits. One team member put on a blindfold and entered a pool filled with balloons. Their partner chose a color of balloon the blindfolded member had to pop with their mouths or buttocks. In this leg's Roadblock, the participating contestant had to wear a white T-shirt and lie on the ground while an elephant put his leg on their body and hit them with its trunk. The team member then had to put a flat wooden pallet under the T-shirt and let the elephant paint on the T-shirt before the elephant gave them the next clue. In the Double-Battle at Ban Amphur, teams had to attach coconut shells to their feet and race around a course collecting coconuts; if they dropped any coconuts, they had to start again.
The teams arrived at Wat Arun by water buses and the Karaoke Taxis Station by a long-tail boat. At Wat Arun, the teams had to eat popsicles until they found a popsicle stick with the next clue on it. In the karaoke taxis, the teams had to sing a karaoke version of Izhar Cohen's "Olé, Olé" as long as they could; when they stopped singing, the taxi stopped. When they arrived in Pattaya they received the next clue.
At Pattaya Beach the teams did the limbo, and after each successful attempt the pole was lowered. Each time both team members passed under the pole without falling or touching it, they received an earlier departure time the next day. When each team touched the pole or won the earliest possible departure hour they continued to the hotel, where they watched videos of their loved ones at home. At the beach, one team member walked around with exotic fruits and tried to obtain the phone numbers of three people of the opposite sex. The second team member used a radio to tell the first member what to say to the people. When three phone numbers were obtained, the team received its next clue.
At Pattaya Park Tower, the teams rode a zip-line from the tower's roof. From the zip-line, they had to recognize the name of the next pit stop (written in large letters on a parking lot near the race flag) before continuing to it.
Leg 10 (Thailand → Sri Lanka)
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Colombo, Sri Lanka Sri Lanka (Bandaranaike International Airport)
- Colombo (Susu Darame Temple)
- Colombo (Sri Lanka Masks Festival)
- Colombo (Groceries Corner) (overnight rest)
- Colombo (Kollupitiya Market or laundry depot)
- Colombo (Sunil Cowshed)
- Colombo to Viharamahadevi Park
- Colombo (General Post Office)
- Colombo (Independence Memorial Hall)
For the Detour, teams had to choose between סבלי תבלינים (Sebley Tebleyneym; Spice Porters) and כובסים (Khobsyem; Laundrymen). In Spice Porters the teams had to pack 25 kilograms (55 lb) of chili peppers in sacks at a market, carry them to the mashing stand and mash them to receive the next clue. In Laundrymen the teams had to (traditionally) wash 50 sheets, three of which contained words. When the teams discovered the words, they received the next clue. Each Detour choice had only three workstations—first come, first served. In the race's second (and final) Fast Forward of the race, each team member received a permanent half-heart tattoo. For the leg's Roadblock, one team member searched for a team letter from 7,000 letters. After finding it, the team received the next clue and a special item sent from home.
At the Susu Darame Temple the teams had to find a needle in a haystack, using it to sew Buddhist emblems on white robes. Wearing the robes, they traveled by taxi to a monastery for a blessing from a monk to receive the next clue. At the Sri Lanka Masks Festival, each team member spun a large wheel containing pictures of masks. When the wheel stopped at one of the masks, the team member would have to find the mask in the crowd. Each team then tried retrieving the next clue from under a cobra in a basket, with one member charming the snake and the second using large wooden pincers to grab the clue.
At the Sunil Cowshed, the teams had to put cow dung into baskets and carry them on their heads to a drying area. They then mixed the dung with water and sawdust and stuck 100 of the cow-dung mixtures to a wall to receive their next clue.
Leg 11 (Sri Lanka)
For the Detour, teams chose between זכר (Zechar; Male) and נקבה (Neqebah; Female). In both tasks, the team members could only use their right hand. For Male, the teams had to load a water buffalo-drawn cart with coconuts and guide it along a marked path; one team led the buffalo, and the other ensured that no coconuts fell out of the cart. When they delivered the coconuts, they received the next clue. For Female the teams had to milk a female buffalo, filling a bucket to receive their next clue.
At Gangaramaya Temple, one team member had to walk barefoot over hot coals and perform a traditional dance before judges; the other team member then had to lie on a bed of nails for three minutes.
Leg 12 (Sri Lanka → Singapore)
- Singapore (Orchard Road)
- Singapore (Fountain of Wealth)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands)
- Singapore (ArtScience Museum)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands – Skypark)
For their Speed Bump, Tom and Adele attended flight school and had to perform a flight simulation of a Boeing 737: takeoff, regular and emergency announcements and landing. After succeeding in at least three of the four tasks, they could continue the race.
After arriving in Singapore, the teams had to go to Orchard Road in sports cars with suitcases holding ₪1,000,000 in cash. When they arrived at Orchard Road, they had to bring the cash suitcases to receive the next clue. The teams then had to cross the road in high heels, carrying the ₪1,000,000 from the suitcase. When they arrived to the Fountain of Wealth with the money, circled it three times and touched the water they received the next clue.
At Marina Bay Sands the teams had to perform a magic show, with one member the magician and the other the apprentice. For the first trick, the magician handcuffed the apprentice. In the second trick, the apprentice climbed into a sack in a box and disappeared. In the third (and final) trick the apprentice returned, escaping from the box and sack, to receive the next clue.
At ArtScience Museum a team member had to drop, blindfolded by a helmet with a small video camera and a bluetooth headset, from the museum roof on a wire. Their partner directed them to collect merlions suspended from the museum roof. When the team collected fifteen merlions and put them in a suitcase, they received their next clue. At Skypark in Marina Bay Sands, the teams had to swim across a pool before they could step on the pit-stop mat.
Leg 13 (Singapore)
- Singapore (Singapore River Pier)
- Singapore (Hong San See)
- Singapore (Singapore Flyer)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall)
- Singapore (Marina Bay Sands - 55th Floor)
- Singapore (Gardens by the Bay)
At the Singapore River Pier, teams had to sail across the river in bum-boats. At Hong San See, one team member had to extinguish a burning pole in their mouth and the second member burned a paper covering by blowing fire on it. When both tasks were completed, the team received the next clue. At the Singapore Flyer teams had to search for their next destination with objects in the booth, including an ultraviolet flashlight, a megaphone and a chair with a QR code.
At the mall, the teams had to use the megaphone to convince 58 people to sit on the chair to receive the next clue. On the 55th floor of Marina Bay Sands, the teams had to walk on a tightrope between two of the towers; halfway across, they had to take an orchidaceae. When the team walked the tightrope back and forth without falling and collected the flower, it received the next clue.
- "ג'ובאני רוסו מייצג את קרואטיה בעונה השניה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "סוף המירוץ". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רשת מאשרת: תפיק עונה שנייה של "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "רון שחר ינחה את "המירוץ למיליון"". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- "היוש סינגפור: בר ואינה בצילומי גמר המירוץ למיליון". Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "TELEWIZYJNY SŁYNNY "THE AMAZING RACE" W KRAKOWIE". Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- HaMerotz LaMillion, season 2, all episodes, originally aired 25 October 2011
- Official website (Hebrew)