5 December 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing
|The third HaSharon Mall
entrance suicide bombing
|Part of the Second Intifada militancy campaign|
|Date||December 5, 2005
11:30 am (GMT+2)
|Deaths||5 Israeli civilians (+ 1 bomber)|
|40+ Israeli civilians|
|Perpetrators||Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility|
The Palestinian Islamist militant organization Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Monday, 5 December 2005, at around 11:30 am, a Palestinian suicide bomber approached the entrance to the HaSharon Mall in the Israeli coastal city of Netanya; he detonated explosives hidden under his clothes when he approached the guards at the entrance for security inspection. Five people were killed in the attack, and more than 40 injured.
After the attack, the Palestinian Islamist militant organization Islamic Jihad said they were responsible for the attack.
- Suicide bombing at Sharon Mall in Netanya - published at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Five die in Israel suicide blast - published in BBC News on December 5, 2005
- At least five killed in Israel suicide bomb attack - published on The Times on December 5, 2005
- Palestinian Bomber Kills Himself and 5 Others Near Israel Mall - published on The New York Times on December 6, 2005
- Five Israelis killed in mall suicide bombing - published on The Daily Telegraph on December 6, 2005