5 December 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing
|The third HaSharon Mall
entrance suicide bombing
|Part of the Second Intifada militancy campaign|
|Date||December 5, 2005
11:30 am (GMT+2)
|Deaths||5 Israeli civilians (+ 1 bomber)|
|40+ Israeli civilians|
|Perpetrators||Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility|
The Palestinian Islamist militant organization Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Monday, 5 December 2005, at around 11:30 am, a Palestinian suicide bomber approached the entrance to the HaSharon Mall in the Israeli coastal city of Netanya; he detonated explosives hidden under his clothes when he approached the guards at the entrance for security inspection. Five people were killed in the attack, and more than 40 injured.
The Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility and identified the attacker as Lotfi Abu Saada, from the village of Illar in northern West Bank. In response, Israel killed two senior militants in a Gaza airstrike.
- Five killed in Israeli shopping centre blast, The Guardian, 5 December 2005
- Two Gaza militants, one Israeli killed in flare-up, The Star Online, 8 December 2005
- "Daniel Golani". GxMSDev. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Alexandra Garmitzky". GxMSDev. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Haim Amram". GxMSDev. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Keinan Tsuami". GxMSDev. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Elia Rosen". GxMSDev. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Suicide bombing at Sharon Mall in Netanya - published at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Five die in Israel suicide blast - published in BBC News on December 5, 2005
- At least five killed in Israel suicide bomb attack - published on The Times on December 5, 2005
- Palestinian Bomber Kills Himself and 5 Others Near Israel Mall - published on The New York Times on December 6, 2005
- Five Israelis killed in mall suicide bombing - published on The Daily Telegraph on December 6, 2005