The village centre (red) and the statistical district (light green) of Haaften in the municipality of Neerijnen. The green area also comprises the smaller villages of Hellouw and Tuil. The dark green area in the southeast is Overnachtingshaven Haaften, a harbour where barges can berth for a few days.
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Dialing code||0418, 0345|
From 1818 to 1977 Haaften was the main village and seat of the town hall of the eponymous municipality, which also comprised the smaller villages of Hellouw to the west and Tuil to the east, all on the northern bank of the river Waal. On 1 January 1978 it was merged with Neerijnen of which it forms the westernmost part.
In 2001, the village of Haaften had 2306 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.54 km², and contained 816 residences. The statistical area "Haaften", which also can include the peripheral parts of the village, as well as the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 2620. In January 2007 this number had increased to 3021 inhabitants.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. 
- Regionaal Archief Rivierenland (dutch)
- Drents Archief (dutch)
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Haaften". Map of the former municipality, abt. 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|