Haasts Bluff, Northern Territory
Haasts Bluff, also known as Ikuntji, is an Indigenous Australian community in Central Australia, a region of the Northern Territory. The community is located in the MacDonnell Shire local government area, 227 kilometres (141 mi) west of Alice Springs. At the 2006 census, the community, including outstations, had a population of 207.
A number of notable Indigenous artists were born or raised at Haasts Bluff, including Makinti Napanangka, Daisy Jugadai Napaltjarri, Tjunkiya Napaltjarri, Wintjiya Napaltjarri, Eileen Napaltjarri, Nora Andy Napaltjarri, Ada Andy Napaltjarri, Ngoia Pollard Napaltjarri, Molly Jugadai Napaltjarri, Norah Nelson Napaljarri, Doris Bush Nungarrayi, and Turkey Tolson Tjupurrula.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Haasts Bluff and Outstations (Indigenous Location)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Clune, Frank (March 1957). "Albert Namatjira, Our great Aboriginal painter" (PDF). Dawn. Aborigines Welfare Board, NSW. 6 (3): 10. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "Ikuntji (Haasts Bluff)". World Vision Australia.
- Johnson, Vivien (2008). Lives of the Papunya Tula Artists. Alice Springs, NT: IAD Press. pp. 316–318. ISBN 978-1-86465-090-7.
- Birnberg, Margo; Janusz Kreczmanski (2004). Aboriginal Artist Dictionary of Biographies: Australian Western, Central Desert and Kimberley Region. Marleston, South Australia: J.B. Publishing. pp. 213–214. ISBN 1-876622-47-4.
- "Turkey Tolson Tjupurrula". Papunya Painting: out of the Australian desert. National Museum of Australia. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
|This Northern Territory geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|