Temporal range: Middle Cambrian
Habelia is an enigmatic genus of extinct arthropod from the Middle Cambrian. Its fossils have been found in the Burgess Shale in British Columbia, Canada. Fifty-four specimens of Habelia are known from the Greater Phyllopod bed, where they comprise 0.1% of the community.
- Invertebrate Palaeontology & Evolution by Euan Neilson Kerr Clarkson
- Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History by Stephen Jay Gould
- "Habelia optata". Burgess Shale Fossil Gallery. Virtual Museum of Canada. 2011.
- "Habelia? brevicauda". Burgess Shale Fossil Gallery. Virtual Museum of Canada. 2011.
- Habelia in the Paleobiology Database
|This prehistoric arthropod-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|