Habib ibn Madhahir
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Habib ibn Madhahir
Arabic: حبيب بن مظاهر
|Titles: al-Asadi (Arabic: , translit. الأسدي|
|Known For||Being a companion of Muhammad and Ali ibn Abi Talib|
|Death||Friday, 10th of Muharram, 61 A.H. / 10 October, 680 (Gregorian Calendar) (aged 75)|
|Burial Place||Karbala, Iraq|
|Cause of Death||Killed in the Battle of Karbala|
Habīb ibn Madhāhir al-Asadi (Arabic: حبيب بن مظاهر الأسدي) was of the Banu Asad clan, and one of the companions of Ali, Hasan ibn Ali and Husayn ibn Ali. He was one of the people of Kufa who sent letters to Husayn ibn Ali (grandson of Muhammad) and invited him to Kufa. Though, when he realized that people of Kufa have broken their allegiance to Husayn, he left Kufa, joined Husayn, and was killed at the age of 75 while fighting in Husayn's army, in Karbala.
Battle of Karbala
Husayn's army was split into 3 sections, the left flank, the right flank and the Ahl al-bayt. Habib was given the duty of being in charge of the left flank of Husayn's army, despite the fact that he was old. His tomb was included in Imam Husayn Shrine and was located in the southern porch.
- Zaynab bint Ali
- Abbas ibn Ali
- Ali Akbar ibn Husayn
- Ali Asghar ibn Husayn
- Zuhayr ibn Qayn
- Shia Islam
- Burayr ibn Khuzayr al-Hamadani
- A research about Persian Maqtal al-Husayn, پژوهشی در مقتل های فارسی. Qom: ZamZam Hidayat. 2007.
- Ibn El-Neil (2008). The Truth About Islam. Strategic Book Publishing. p. 208. ISBN 1606932594.
- "Imam Hussain (A.S.) At Karbala". Almujataba Islamic Network.
- Qāʼidān, Aṣghar (2004). ʻAtabāt-i ʻālīyāt-i ʻIrāq (Chāp-i 1. ed.). Tihrān: Nashr-i Mashʻar. p. 122. ISBN 964-7635-53-2.