Habibganj railway station
|Regional rail & Light rail station|
Front view of the station building from parking lot.
|Location||Habibganj , MP Nagar Zone 2 Bhopal-462011, Madhya Pradesh, |
|Elevation||495.760 metres (1,626.51 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Fare zone||West Central Railway zone|
|Previous names||Indian Branch Rly. Co. |
|Passengers (Daily)||260,000 per day (average)|
ATM, Baggage Room, Dormitory/Retiring Rooms|
Refreshment, Waiting Room
Habibganj railway station (Station Code: HBJ) is a railway station in Bhopal City and part of the West Central Railway. It is located in Habibganj, New Bhopal. It is India's first ISO CERTIFIED private railway station.
The Railway Station of Habibganj is located :
- 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) away from Bhopal Junction
- 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) away from Bhopal Central
- 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) away from Maharana Pratap Nagar, Bhopal, the commercial area in southern region of the Bhopal city
Structure and facilities
The station consists of a total number of 6 platforms.
The Ministry of Railways (India) privatised Habibganj railway station in June 2017, making it India's first private railway station. The station will have facilities like a shopping complex, forex kiosk and eateries. Bhopal based Bansal Group (M/S Bansal Pathways Habibganj Private Limited) has taken the responsibility from IRSDC to turn this railway station into a benchmark for all similar future endeavors.
- "India's first 'private' railway station Habibganj to come up near Bhopal".
- "Habibganj: Here is India's first private railway station". New Delhi: Business Today. 7 June 2017.
- "Habibganj is set to become first private railway station in India; railways awards contract to Bansal Group". Zee Business. 7 June 2017.
- "India's first 'private' railway station Habibganj to come up near Bhopal". Livemint. 6 June 2017.
- "What features will India's 1st privately run station have?". Inshorts. 9 June 2017.
- "Habibganj railway station". Habibganj railway station. 10 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhopal Habibganj railway station.|