Hacker T. Dog
|Hacker T. Dog|
Hacker on CBBC.
|Born||Hacker the Dog
27 October 2005
|Years active||since 2009|
|Employer||BBC / CBBC, CBeebies (guest appearance)|
|Television||Hacker Time (2011—)
|Family||Dodge T. Dog (half-brother)
Mrs T. Dog (mother)
|Hacker's CBBC 'Hacker Time' Webpage|
Hacker T. Dog, otherwise known as Hacker (born 27 October 2005) is one of the presenters of British children's television service CBBC. He is a puppet dog from Wigan. and is the half brother of Dodge T. Dog. Hacker is operated by puppeteer and comedian Phil Fletcher. He commentated on the Russia v Belgium at the 2014 World Cup for the BBC.
Hacker and his brother Dodge started on weekends in May 2009, and did weekdays from July 2009. Both puppets are modelled on the Border Terrier breed of dogs. Hacker is normally portrayed as being in the CBBC Office with his best friend Iain Stirling. When Sterling left in 2013 he presented with Chris Johnson. He also has his own show called Hacker Time and also stars in Scoop alongside Shaun Williamson with Iain Stirling as Digby Digworth and newspaper boy respectively. More recently, Hacker appeared as the titular character in Tracy Barker Returns, a special series broadcast before Tracy Beaker shows. It starred Hacker as Tracy Barker, a checkout girl. It parodies Tracy Beaker series. Hacker has made a few guest appearances on CBeebies mainly during the Christmas period. He usually presents in the CBBC office on weekday afternoons.
Hacker left the CBBC Office on 19 April 2014 (it is unknown whether he left to film Hacker Time series 4 or not). During this time, numerous guest presenters filled in for him during his usual weekday afternoon slot. These presenters included Shannon Flynn and Dodge T. Dog. Hacker returned on 24 May 2014 (temporarily) and 18 June 2014 (permanently).
Phil Fletcher is a five time BAFTA Award nominated British puppeteer and puppet maker. Phil is Hacker’s puppeteer. He has puppeteered him since 2009, when Hacker first began presenting. Before then he was operated by Andy Heath. Before Hacker appeared on CBBC, Fletcher made puppets for CBBC presentations and shows, including Ed and Oucho's Excellent Inventions and Transmission Impossible with Ed and Oucho. Hacker the Dog, Dodge, Dunceton the Brain and Oucho the Cactus are all puppets designed and built by Neil Sterenberg. Fletcher is also the founder of comedy puppet show company, The Gluvets, where he is assisted by Carl Chadd. The puppet shows tour around the UK at parties, festivals and other events.
|2011||The Monday Song|
|2011||The Tuesday Song|
|2011||The Wednesday Song|
|2011||The Saturday Song|
|2012||Moves Like Hacker T|
|2013||We're CBBC and You Know It|
|2013||The Jam Song|
|2013||Milky Brew Song|
|2014||"Blame it on coogi"|
- "Awards Database - The BAFTA site". Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Wigan News :: wiganworld". 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Hacker T Dog's World Cup commentary - Belgium v Russia". BBC. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "CBBC - CBBC Stars". BBC. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "BBC - CBBC - Hacker Time". 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "BBC Sport - Hacker's The Dog's Wimbledon quest". London: BBC. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "BBC SPORT | Tennis | On the hunt for Sue Barker". BBC News (London: BBC). Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Wimbledon japes from CBBC's Hacker the dog - Liverpool Daily Post". 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "BBC Sport - Tennis - Hacker & Dodge come to Wimbledon". London: BBC. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "BBC Sport - Tennis - Wimbledon day 11 as it happened". BBC News (London: BBC). Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Today at Wimbledon - Dave Cheeseman | Cameraman & Picture Editor". davecheeseman.com. 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.