Hackman is a prestigious brand name in Finland; according to a 2008 survey which included both Finnish and international brands, it was the fifth most respected brand among consumers.
The Hackman butterfly knife (Finnish: Linkkupuukko, "latch-knife") was a type of balisong (butterfly knife) produced by Hackman. The knife was marketed by Hackman as a retkiveitsi ("camping knife") and later as Eräpuukko ("wilderness puukko"). The knives were also sold in the United States, and some researchers state they were issued by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency during the Vietnam War.
- Hackman history
- "Iittala Group: Brands". Iittala Group. 2009-03-09. Archived from the original on 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Fiskars acquires Iittala Group". Fiskars Corporation. 2007-06-29. Archived from the original on 2009-07-05. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "Fiskars nousi Suomen ykkösbrändiksi" (in Finnish). Markkinointi & Mainonta. 2008-09-26. Archived from the original on 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- Silvey, Michael W. Pocket Knives of the United States Military. 2002. ISBN 0965554422.
- http://hackman.fi (Household kitchen equipment, owned by Iitala)
- http://hackman.com (Professional kitchen equipment, owned by Metos)
|This Finnish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|