From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hadar (Edomite king))
Multiple biblical characters with the name Hadad (Hadar) existed.
- Hadad is the name of Semitic storm god.
- Abraham's son Ishmael had a son named Hadar who was a chief.
- Hadad ben Bedad, an early king of Edom.
- Hada, the last king of Edom He ruled from Pau, Edom, which some biblical scholars identify as an Egyptian city. Hadad’s wife was Queen Mehetabel ("God makes happy"), daughter of Matred and granddaughter of Me-Zahab.
- Hadad, a member of the royal house of Edom, who married the Pharaoh's wife's (Queen Tahpenes) sister and escaped the massacre under Joab, fleeing to Egypt.