|Grid position||186/285 PAL|
|District||Bint Jbeil District|
|Elevation||760 m (2,490 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
In 1596, it was named as a village, ‘“Hadata” in the Ottoman nahiya (subdistrict) of Tibnin under the liwa' (district) of Safad, with a population of 52 households, all Muslim. The villagers paid a fixed tax-rate of 25% on agricultural products, such as wheat, barley, fruit trees, goats and beehives, in addition to "occasional revenues”; a total of 4,640 akçe.
In 1875, Victor Guérin found the population to be exclusively Metualis. In 1881, the Palestine Exploration Fund's Survey of Western Palestine (SWP) described Haddatha: "A village, built of stone, containing about 150 Metawileh, on hill-top; a few grapes, figs and olives, and arable cultivation; there is a spring near and cisterns in village; a birket for cattle."
- from a personal name, according to Palmer, 1881, p. 72
- Hütteroth and Abdulfattah, 1977, p. 184
- Note that Rhode, 1979, p. 6 writes that the register that Hütteroth and Abdulfattah studied was not from 1595/6, but from 1548/9
- Robinson and Smith, 1841, vol 3, p. 376
- Guérin, 1880, p. 385
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p. 201
- HRW, 2007, pp. 117-118
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Guérin, Victor (1880). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 3: Galilee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- HRW (2007). Why They Died: Civilian Casualties in Lebanon During the 2006 War. Human Rights Watch.
- Hütteroth, Wolf-Dieter; Abdulfattah, Kamal (1977). Historical Geography of Palestine, Transjordan and Southern Syria in the Late 16th Century. Erlanger Geographische Arbeiten, Sonderband 5. Erlangen, Germany: Vorstand der Fränkischen Geographischen Gesellschaft. ISBN 3-920405-41-2.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Rhode, Harold (1979). Administration and Population of the Sancak of Safed in the Sixteenth Century. Columbia University.
- Robinson, Edward; Smith, Eli (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the year 1838. 3. Boston: Crocker & Brewster.