|Born||Hadden Irving Clark
July 31, 1952
Troy, New York
|Other names||The Cross Dressing Cannibal,
The Rockville Rocket
|Criminal penalty||70 years in prison|
Span of killings
|November 6, 1992|
|Imprisoned at||Western Correctional Institution|
Hadden Irving Clark (born July 31, 1952) is an American murderer and suspected serial killer, currently serving two 30-year sentences at Western Correctional Institution, for the murders of 6-year-old Michelle Dorr in 1986 and 23-year-old Laura Houghteling in 1992. He was also given a 10-year sentence for robbery. He is the second of four children, and was born and raised in Troy, New York. Clark's brother, Bradfield Clark, strangled a woman in California; his father, Hadden Sr., committed suicide.
Lady of the Dunes
In 2004, Clark sent a letter claiming he had killed an unidentified woman on Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 1974. Clark explained that he had buried evidence from the crime in his grandfather's garden and that he knew the woman's identity but was not going to tell authorities because he claimed they mistreated him. Because he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, police doubt this confession.
- "Hadden Clark Prison Record". Maryland Department of Corrections. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Van Olsen, Cora (20 November 2012). "Serial Killer Spotlight: Hadden Clark". Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Havill, Adrian. "Hadden Clark". Crime Library. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Jennings, Veronica T. (15 November 1993). "Murder Suspect's 'Lifestyle Is Getting Even'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "HADDEN CLARK - set of 2 drawings - CRIME CONTENT - ( Lady in the Dunes - COLD CASE )". Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Murderpedia Contains texts from sources of varying reliability.
- Havill, Adrian. Born Evil. St. Martin's True Crime (December 9, 2001). ISBN 978-0312978907. Book about Clark by author of Crime Library article.
- Hadden Clark Profile of Clark. It cites inter alia the Crime Library article cited above, an article at mayhem.net, and Born Evil as sources.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube