|OS grid reference|
|• London||115 mi (185 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Haddington is a hamlet in the North Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated just off the Fosse Way Roman road, now the A46, 7 miles (11 km) south-west from Lincoln and 1 mile (1.6 km) west from Aubourn. It is in the civil parish of Aubourn with Haddington.[contradictory]
Haddington is part of the civil parish of Aubourn and Haddington.[contradictory] It contains a mixture of houses and farm buildings, all brick built, and stands on the north bank of the River Witham 200m from the river. The parish primary school is in South Hykeham.
Between the hamlet and the river are the earthworks of what appears to be a considerable manorial complex or grange. However, it has not so far been possible to carry out the archaeological work needed to positively identify them. The complex consists chiefly of one more or less square moated area of 30m by 40m, surrounded by water-filled ditches. A rectangular platform which lies to the west is partly ditched and approximately 100m across; it has the appearance of part of a formal garden. There is a narrow bank across it 20m from the west end, which may conceal a buried wall; it encloses part of the west end, but is unclear at its southern corner. A 30m length of water may have been a symmetrical pond. The remainder of the earthworks continue on a layout almost at right angles to the rest. What is only visible is a medieval dovecote.
The ecclesiastical parish is Aubourn with Haddington which is part of The Bassingham Group of the Deanery of Graffoe. The parish church is St Peter's in Aubourn. As at 2014 the incumbent is the Revd Canon Nick Buck. The Bassingham group is very active, styling itself Withamside United Parish.
The mobile library visits every month.
There is no scheduled bus route but flexible public transport serves the parish.
- "Aubourn and Haddington parish council". Parishes in Lincolnshire. Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Aubourn Haddington and South Hykeham group (dissolution) order 1990" (PDF). North Kesteven district council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013. Note the later adoption of and rather than with in the first parish name
- South Hykeham Primary School. Retrieved 15 August 2011
- Roffe, David. "Haddington, Hall Close". Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Historic England. "Haddington Hall (326383)". PastScape. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Aubourn with Haddington DCC". Diocese of Lincoln. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "St Peters Parish Church, Aubourn". Our churches. Withamside United Parish. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "North Kesteven Mobile Library (DNK)". Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "Providers in Haddington". Transport provider search. Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 11 August 2013.