Hadley Wood railway station
Location of Hadley Wood in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1 May 1885||Station opened|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portal
Hadley Wood railway station is in the London Borough of Enfield in north London, England. The station is in Travelcard Zone 6 and serves the suburb of Hadley Wood; it is managed and served by Great Northern.
The station has four platforms, but only the outer ones are in everyday use, with Great Northern services stopping there. Fast services use the central tracks and do not stop at the station. Parts of the inner platforms have recently been resurfaced, although they are only used in emergency.
There is a Shere self-service ticket machine at the station entrance, installed in Autumn 2008 and replacing the previous (Avantix) machine.
Oyster cards can be used at this station.
Great Northern train services
The typical off-peak service is three trains an hour to Moorgate, reduced to two after 7:00 pm. Night and weekend trains run every 30 minutes. There are three trains an hour to Welwyn Garden City, reduced to two in the late evenings and at weekends. Late night & weekend trains formerly ran to Kings Cross rather than onto the Northern City Line prior to the December 2015 timetable change, but following consultations with stakeholders a weekend service to Moorgate has now been introduced.
Timetables for Hadley Wood can be seen and downloaded here.
London Buses route 399 serves the station.
Ticket office opening times and station staffing hours
|Ticket Office Hours|
|Monday to Friday||06:35||10:00|
|Station Staffing Hours|
|Monday to Friday||06:25||10:10|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Great Northern stopping
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 111. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Chronology of London Railways by H.V.Borley
- Table 24 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- "Seven-day-a-week service to the City better for late-returning commuters and weekend shoppers"Great Northern Thameslink Railway news article 5 November 2015; Retrieved 2 February 2016