From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hafiz or Hafez (Arabic: حافظ ) may mean:
- Hafiz (Quran), a term used by Muslims for people who have completely memorized the Qur'an
- Al-Ḥafīẓ, one of the names of God in Islam.
- Hafez or Khwajeh Shams al-Din Muhammad Hafez-e Shirazi, a 14th-century Persian mystic and poet. Sometimes credited as "Hafiz" or "Hafiz of Shiraz".
- Hafiz, a Malaysian singer
- Al-Hafiz (d. 1149), the eleventh Caliph of the Fatimids
- Abdel Halim Hafez (1929–1977), Egyptian singer and actor
- Hafez al-Assad (1930–2000), president of Syria 1971–2000
- Helal Hafiz, Bangladeshi poet
- Suleiman Hafez (born 1941), Jordanian economist and politician
- Hafiz (horse), French Thoroughbred racehorse
- Hafez, Iran, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hafiz.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.