Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up hafiz in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hafiz (Arabic: حافظ) or Hafez may refer to:
- Hafiz (Quran), a term used by Muslims for people who have completely memorized the Qur'an
- Al-Ḥafīẓ, one of the names of God in Islam, meaning "the Ever-Preserving/ Guardian/ All-Watching/ Protector"
- Hafiz (name), including a list of people with the name
- Hafez, a 14th-century Persian mystic and poet. Sometimes credited as "Hafiz" or "Hafiz of Shiraz"
- Hafiz, starring role played by actor Ronald Coleman in Kismet (1944 film)
- Abdel Halim Hafez, Egyptian singer
- Hafez, Iran, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Tomb of Hafez, one of two memorial structures in Shiraz, Iran, erected in memory of the Persian poet Hafez