Haga Town Office
Location of Haga in Tochigi Prefecture
|• Total||70.16 km2 (27.09 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2016)|
|• Density||227/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Zelkova serrata|
|- Flower||Chinese pear |
|- Bird||Eurasian skylark |
|Address||Ōaza Ubagai 1020, Haga-machi, Haga-gun, Tochigi-ken 321-3392|
Haga (芳賀町? Haga-machi) is a town located in Haga District, Tochigi Prefecture, in the northern Kantō region of Japan. As of May 2015, the town had an estimated population of 15,254 and a population density of 217 persons per km². Its total area was 70.16 km².
Ubagai, Minatakazeawa and Mizuhashi villages were created within Haga District on 1 April 1889 with the creation of the municipalities system. Ubagai was elevated to town status on 1 November 1928. Ubagai merged with Minatakanezawa and Mizuhashi to form Haga on 31 March 1954.
- Town Mayor: 見目匡 Tadashi Kenmoku (Eighth Mayor of Haga, Mayor since 18 May 2015)
- Town Deputy Mayor: 上野哲男 Tetsuo Ueno (13th Deputy Mayor of Haga, Deputy Mayor since 15 June 2015)
- Superintendent of Education: 見目政子 Masako Kenmoku (Seventh Superintendent of Education, Superintendent of Education since 1 November 2012) 
As of December 2016, the population of Haga is 15,899, of whom 7,978 are male and 7,921 are female. The following table displays the historical populations of Haga:
|Historical populations of Haga|
|Source: http://www.town.haga.tochigi.jp/chouseijouhou/toukeijouhou/bunya/03/documents/033_12_jinkou_kokusei_kekka.pdf, retrieved 31 July 2013|
Major companies located at Haga-machi industrial complex include:
- Honda R&D Co., Ltd.
- Honda Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Kawasaki Microelectronics, Inc.
- Showa Corporation
- Marujun Co., Ltd.
- F-Tech Inc.
- Yanagawa Seiki Co., Ltd.
- AutoTechnicJapan Co., Ltd.
- Kandenko Co., Ltd.
- Haga is not served by any train stations
- Japan National Route 123
- Tochigi Prefectural Roads: 61, 64, 69, 154, 156, 165, 255, 388.
- Roadside stations: Roadside Station Haga.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)|
Notable people from Haga
- "町のシンボル". 芳賀町. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "鬼怒川・小貝川の概要 River Kinu and River Kokaigawa Summary". 下館河川事務所. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "行政に関する資料 歴代町長・副町長・収入役・教育長 Historical Mayors, Deputy Mayors, Treasurers and Superintendents of Education". 芳賀町. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "人口と世帯数". 芳賀町. 6 January 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "立地企業一覧y". 芳賀町工業団地管理センター. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "道の駅はが Roadside station Haga". 道の駅はが. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "一般バス路線図 General Bus Route Maps". ジェイアールバス関東株式会社. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "栃木ヘリポートの概要 Tochigi Heliport Summary". 栃木県. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
Media related to Haga, Tochigi at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (Japanese)