Hagai El-Ad (or Hagai Elad or Chagai Elad, Hebrew: חגי אלעד; born: October 1, 1969, Haifa) is an Israeli human rights activist who serves as the director general of B'Tselem since May 2014. Prior to that, he was director of the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and the Jerusalem Open House for Pride and Tolerance.
In October 2016, the Security Council held a session on "Settlements as an obstacle to peace and a two-state solution." Also participating in the discussion was El-Ad, who called for an end to the occupation in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. He appeared again before the Security Council, this time in an official session, on October 18, 2018. His appearance before the Security Council is a subject of controversy in Israel.
- "Hagai El-Ad (@HagaiElAd) - Twitter". twitter.com.
- "מנכ"ל חדש לבצלם: חגי אלעד נכנס השבוע לתפקידו". בצלם.
- "מנכ"ל "בצלם" באו"ם: על מועצת הביטחון לפעול מיד נגד הכיבוש - וואלה! חדשות".
- "B'Tselem to address U.N. Security Council on Thursday".
- לנדאו, נעה (13 October 2018). "מנכ"ל "בצלם" הוזמן לדבר במועצת הביטחון של האו"ם" – via Haaretz.
|This biographical article about an Israeli activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|