Hageland Aviation Services
|Headquarters||Anchorage, Alaska, United States|
|Key people||James Tweto, President|
Hageland Aviation Services was a regional FAR Part 135 airline based in Anchorage, Alaska, USA. It currently operates as the Ravn Connect component of Ravn Alaska, serving many destinations throughout Alaska.
The airline was established in 1981 in Mountain Village, Alaska, with a single Cessna 180 aircraft. It was owned by Jim Tweto, president of the airline, and Mike Hageland and had 172 employees (at March 2007).
Frontier Alaska and Hageland combined in 2008 to form the parent company HoTH and rebrand their new services as "Frontier Alaska." The following year, with the acquisition of Era, Frontier Alaska was rebranded as Era Alaska.
Hageland Aviation Services operated scheduled service to the following destinations in Alaska (as of 2007):
- Akiachak (KKI) - Akiachak Airport
- Akiak (AKI) - Akiak Airport
- Alakanuk (AUK) - Alakanuk Airport
- Ambler (ABL) - Ambler Airport
- Anchorage (ANC) - Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (Hub)
- Aniak (ANI) - Aniak Airport (Hub)
- Anvik (ANV) - Anvik Airport
- Atmautluak (ATT) - Atmautluak Airport
- Atqasuk (ATK) - Atqasuk Edward Burnell Sr. Memorial Airport
- Barrow (BRW) - Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport (Hub)
- Barter Island / Kaktovik (BTI) - Barter Island LRRS Airport
- Bethel (BET) - Bethel Airport (Hub)
- Brevig Mission (KTS) - Brevig Mission Airport
- Buckland (BKC) - Buckland Airport
- Chefornak (CYF) - Chefornak Airport
- Chevak (VAK) - Chevak Airport
- Chuathbaluk (CHU) - Chuathbaluk Airport
- Crooked Creek (CKD) - Crooked Creek Airport
- Deadhorse (SCC) - Deadhorse Airport
- Deering (DRG) - Deering Airport
- Eek (EEK) - Eek Airport
- Elim (ELI) - Elim Airport
- Emmonak (EMK) - Emmonak Airport (Hub)
- Gambell (GAM) - Gambell Airport
- Golovin (GLV) - Golovin Airport
- Grayling (KGX) - Grayling Airport
- Holy Cross (HCR) - Holy Cross Airport
- Hooper Bay (HPB) - Hooper Bay Airport
- Kalskag (KLG) - Kalskag Airport
- Kasigluk (KUK) - Kasigluk Airport
- Kiana (IAN) - Bob Baker Memorial Airport
- Kipnuk (KPN) - Kipnuk Airport
- Kivalina (KVL) - Kivalina Airport
- Kobuk (OBU) - Kobuk Airport
- Kongiganak (KKH) - Kongiganak Airport
- Kotlik (KOT) - Kotlik Airport
- Kotzebue (OTZ) - Ralph Wien Memorial Airport (Hub)
- Koyuk (KKA) - Koyuk Alfred Adams Airport
- Kwethluk (KWT) - Kwethluk Airport
- Kwigillingok (KWK) - Kwigillingok Airport
- Marshall (MLL) - Marshall Don Hunter Sr. Airport
- Mekoryuk (MYU) - Mekoryuk Airport
- Mountain Village (MOU) - Mountain Village Airport
- Newtok (WWT) - Newtok Airport
- Nightmute (NME) - Nightmute Airport
- Noatak (WTK) - Noatak Airport
- Nome (OME) - Nome Airport (Hub)
- Noorvik (ORV) - Robert (Bob) Curtis Memorial Airport
- Nuiqsut (NUI) - Nuiqsut Airport
- Nunam Iqua / Sheldon Point (SXP) - Sheldon Point Airport
- Nunapitchuk (NUP) - Nunapitchuk Airport
- Pilot Station (PQS) - Pilot Station Airport
- Point Lay (PIZ) - Point Lay LRRS Airport
- Port Clarence (KPC) - Port Clarence Coast Guard Station
- Quinhagak (KWN) - Quinhagak Airport
- Red Devil (RDV) - Red Devil Airport
- Russian Mission (RSH) - Russian Mission Airport
- Savoonga (SVA) - Savoonga Airport
- Scammon Bay (SCM) - Scammon Bay Airport
- Selawik (WLK) - Selawik Airport
- Shageluk (SHX) - Shageluk Airport
- Shaktoolik (SKK) - Shaktoolik Airport
- Shishmaref (SHH) - Shishmaref Airport
- Shungnak (SHG) - Shungnak Airport
- Sleetmute (SLQ) - Sleetmute Airport
- St. Mary's (KSM) - St. Mary's Airport (Hub)
- St. Michael (SMK) - St. Michael Airport
- Stebbins (WBB) - Stebbins Airport
- Teller (TLA) - Teller Airport
- Toksook Bay (OOK) - Toksook Bay Airport
- Tuluksak (TLT) - Tuluksak Airport
- Tuntutuliak (WTL) - Tuntutuliak Airport
- Tununak (TNK) - Tununak Airport
- Unalakleet (UNK) - Unalakleet Airport (Hub)
- Wainwright (AIN) - Wainwright Airport
- White Mountain (WMO) - White Mountain Airport
Accidents and incidents
On November 8, 1997 - Hageland Aviation Services Flight 500 was a Cessna Caravan 675B crashed. This crash was determined to be caused primarily by pilot error. Please see the NTSB report- http://juneauempire.com/stories/022500/Loc_crash.html. The accident killed all 8 passengers and crew on board.
On December 9, 2002 - During a Raytheon Pre-purchase Flight, a Beechcraft 1900C crashed after running into a mountain in western Arkansas. The accident killed all 3 pilots on board, including Ron Tweto, President of Hageland Aviation Services.
January 6, 2011 A Cessna 208B Grand Caravan passenger plane, registered N715HE, sustained substantial damage in a landing accident at Kipnuk Airport, AK (KPN), USA. None of the four passengers or two crew members were injured. The airplane operated on Hageland flight 161 from Bethel Airport, AK (BET) to Kipnuk Airport, AK (KPN).
On November 29, 2013, four people were killed when Flight 1453 crashed near the village of St. Mary's. Killed were the pilot, Terry Hanson, 68, and three passengers, all residents of Mountain Village: Rose Polty, 57, Richard Polty, 65, and Wyatt Coffee, five months old. Six more passengers were injured. The flight originated from Bethel.
- "Contact Us Archived 2009-11-09 at the Wayback Machine.." Hageland Aviation Services. Retrieved on November 3, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-23. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Hageland Aviation Services: Locations Archived 2009-06-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2013-11-30.