Hagerstown Police Department (Maryland)
The Hagerstown Police Department is a full-service, 24/7 law enforcement agency serving a diverse population of 40,612 (US Census Estimate 2010) in 11.79 square miles (30.5 km2) within the municipality of Hagerstown, Maryland, county seat of Washington County. Hagerstown closely borders Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia. United States.
There have been six line-of-duty deaths within the HPD.
- Officer Charles E. Gall, EOW October 10, 1866
- Officer Murphy E. Flory, EOW June 26, 1901
- Officer John C. Middlekauff, EOW August 17, 1914
- Chief of Police George W. Fridinger, EOW February 28, 1918
- Officer Lynwood N. Vewcomer, EOW June 3, 1951
- Officer Donald Ralph Cline, EOW December 13, 1975
Colonel Mark Holtzman is Hagerstown's current Chief of Police .