This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Symphonic death metal, death-doom|
|Members||Asis Nasseri |
|Past members||Susanne Ehlers |
Haggard was founded in 1989 and originally played death metal. They changed their musical style after their first demo tape, Introduction in 1992, becoming a band with symphonic melodies and classical instruments but folk themes. The album And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer marked their breakthrough in 1997. After their second album Awaking the Centuries (the life of the prophet Nostradamus), they toured through Mexico twice. In 2004, they released their third album Eppur Si Muove which is about the life of Italian scholar Galileo Galilei, sentenced to house arrest for heresy by the Catholic Church for supporting Copernicus' claim that the Earth revolved around the sun.
The fourth album, Tales of Ithiria, was released in 2008 and is based on a fantasy story.
Although a new album with the title of Grimm was originally announced for the end of 2012, the album has since been postponed indefinitely.
|1997||And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer||—||—|
|2000||Awaking the Centuries||64||—|
|2004||Eppur Si Muove||47||—|
|2008||Tales of Ithiria||37||89|
|2013||And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer (Remastered)||—||—|
DVDs and videos
- Asis Nasseri – vocals, guitar (1991–present)
- Giacomo Astorri - bass
- Janika Groß – soprano
- Frank Schumacher – tenor vocals
- Claudio Quarta - guitar
- Aline Deinert - violin
- Ivica Kramheller – double bass
- Lisa Hellmich – viola
- Anne Eberlein – viola
- Cosmin Nechita – violin
- Johannes Schleiermacher – violoncello (cello)
- Florinda Hoffmann - violoncello (cello)
- Hans Wolf – piano, keyboards, organ, harpsichord
- Ingrid Nietzer - piano, keyboards
- Maurizio Guolo – drums, percussion (2012–present)
- Stefana Sabau - Oboe
- Catalina Popa - Flute
- Florian Bartl – oboe, english horn
- Judith Marschall – violin
- Fiffi Fuhrmann – tenor vocals, bass
- Dorothea Zelinsky – violin
- Mark Pendry – clarinet
- Sasema – vocals
- Gaby Koss – soprano vocals
- Robert von Greding – clarinet
- Christoph von Zastrow – flute
- Danny Klupp – guitar
- Kathrin Pechlof – harp
- Karin Bodemüller – vocals
- Florian Schnellinger – percussion
- Andi Nad – bass
- Robin Fischer – bass
- Andi Hemberger – vocals
- Kathrin Hertz – cello
- Andreas Peschke – flute
- Manuela Kraller - soprano vocals
- Susanne Ehlers - soprano vocals
- Veronika Kramheller - soprano vocals
- Jonathan Whynot - guitar
- Michael Stapf - violin
- Andreas Fuchs - horn - percussion
- Linda Antonetti - oboe
- Steffi Hertz - viola
- Patrizia Krug - cello
- Luz Marsen - drum
- Michael Schumm - classical percussion - drum
In addition to the 16 band members, more than 10 guest artists and musicians were involved in the making of the album, Eppur Si Muove.
- True, Chris. "Haggard Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Haggard". Encyclopaedia Metallum. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Chartverfolgung / Haggard / Longplay". musicline.de (in German). PHONONET GmbH. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Discographie Alben - Studio". hitparade.ch (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haggard.|