|Javed Afridi (CEO)|
Commercial heating and cooling systems
It is one of the largest companies in Pakistan's home appliances market, in terms of sales and revenues generated. Common appliances produced by the group include refrigerators, air conditioning units, washing machines, kitchen appliances, and handsets.
In 2015, Haier invested $5 million to establish a mobile phone assembly plant in Lahore, which would annually manufacture over 1.5 million cellphones for the Pakistani market. In the first half of 2017, Haier sold more than 270,000 refrigerators, exceeding previous years' figures.
The group's CEO is Javed Afridi and it notably owns the Peshawar Zalmi franchise in the Pakistan Super League, which was acquired for $16 million over a ten-year period. The group has also sponsored other cricket and sports tournaments in the country.
- Haq, Shahram (21 December 2015). "With encouraging response, Haier Pakistan to expand more aggressively". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Corporate corner". The Nation. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Haier introduces 10 Year Warranty". Pakistan Observer. January 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Haier sells 270,000 refrigerators this year". Dunya News. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Hashmi, Nabeel (3 December 2015). "Pakistan Super League: Seven Companies fight it out to buy franchises". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- Pennington, John (30 December 2015). "Peshawar Zalmi launch foundation with aim to transcend cricket". Cricket World. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Husain, Amir (9 May 2016). "Interview: Javed Afridi on Pakistan cricket, PSL and Shahid Afridi's future". Sport360.com. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|