|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Haighton also contains the hamlets of Haighton Green and Haighton Top. It is separated from the city by the M6 motorway, with junction 31A on the boundary with Brookfield.
The area was intended to become a residential suburb as part of the Central Lancashire New Town, with population increasing to 29,100 by 2001 however it never occurred and the area has remained rural. It has a population of 197, increasing to 202 at the 2011 Census.
The listed building of Haighton Manor[circular reference] has operated as a country pub and restaurant since the early 1970's, undergoing substantial renovation in the mid 2010's and now operated by Brunning and Price.
- Central Lancashire Development Corporation outline plan, 1974. ISBN 0-904335-00-3
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Preston Retrieved 26 July 2010
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Listed buildings in Haighton
- Preston RD, Vision of Britain, accessed 9 June 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haighton.|