Haike van Stralen
|Full name||Haike Eva van Stralen|
22 April 1983 |
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||59 kg (130 lb)|
|Club||De Kempvis Spijkenisse|
Haike Eva van Stralen (born April 22, 1983) is a Dutch former swimmer, who specialized in freestyle events. She is a two-time Olympian (2000 and 2004), and double Dutch short-course champion in the 200 and 400 m freestyle. Van Stralen also played for De Kempvis Swimming Club in Spijkenisse, under her personal coach Dick Bergsma.
Van Stralen made her first Dutch team, as a 17-year-old teen, at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. She placed eleventh, along with Carla Geurts, Chantal Groot, and Manon van Rooijen, in the 4×200 m freestyle relay with a time of 8:08.53.
Four years later, at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Van Stralen competed again in the women's 4×200 m freestyle relay as a member of the Dutch team. She claimed the 200 m freestyle from the Dutch National Championships in Amsterdam, posting her relay entry time of 2:02.21. Teaming with Groot, Marleen Veldhuis, and Celina Lemmen in heat two, van Stralen swam a second leg, and lowered her personal best to 2:01.80. Van Stralen and the entire Dutch team missed the top 8 final by almost two seconds, finishing only in fifth place and ninth overall with a final time of 8:08.96.
- "Haike van Stralen". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- Rusticus, Oene (23 December 2002). "Four National Records Set at Dutch Short Course Nationals". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Swimming – Women's 4×200m Freestyle Relay Heat 1" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 358. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 4×200m Freestyle Relay Startlist (Heat 2)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- Rusticus, Oene (20 April 2004). "Dutch Trials End; Fast Women's 4x100 Free Relay Squad Ready to Do Battle in Athens". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Women's 4×200m Freestyle Relay Heat 2". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 18 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (18 August 2004). "Women's 800 Freestyle Relay, Day 5 Prelims: Team USA Posts the Fastest Time, Brits and Aussies Next". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Dutch swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|