|Location||Hainan Province, China|
|River sources||Haidian River|
|Ocean/sea sources||Qiongzhou Strait|
|Max. width||5 km (3.1 mi)|
Within the bay are the following:
- Holiday Beach
- The mouth of the Haidian River
- The northern edge of Haikou City
- Evergreen Park, a large park on the coast
- The eastern side of Haikou Xiuying Port
- Mayard International Yacht Club
- Nanhai Pearl Artificial Island, an under-construction island owned by HNA Group off the coast of Holiday Beach
The waters, from the mouth of the Haidian River, to the Qiongzhou Strait are deep enough for large ship traffic. Much of the rest of the bay, within a few kilometres of the shore, are very shallow, and at low tide, reveal land. Fishermen can be seen at this time walking out into the bay to collect shellfish.
Part of the western edge of Haidian Island is being extended in a major land reclamation project. Also, several new areas of land off the coast of Haikou are being created, including the Nanhai Pearl Artificial Island.
|This Hainan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|