Haikou Meilan International Airport
|Haikou Meilan International Airport
Hǎikǒu Měilán Guójì Jīchǎng
|Operator||Meilan Airport Company Limited|
|Location||Haikou, Hainan, China|
|Hub for||Hainan Airlines
|Elevation AMSL||23 m / 75 ft|
|Haikou Meilan International Airport|
Haikou Meilan International Airport (IATA: HAK, ICAO: ZJHK) is the airport serving Haikou, the capital of Hainan Province, China. It is located 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of the city center and was opened in 1999, replacing the old Dayingshan Airport located along what is now the city's Guoxing Avenue (国兴大道). The airport is operated by Meilan Airport Company Limited.
The airport terminal has 60,200 square metres of space, with 45 check-in counters and 11 security checkpoints. The airport is staffed by 565 employees.
A new, international terminal opened on August 14, 2013. Situated at the east side of the existing terminal, this new apron increases international capacity to ten flights, from the previous capacity of three. Construction of this new terminal began on April 18, 2011.
Airlines and destinations
Getting to the airport from Haikou city by taxi usually costs about RMB 60 and takes about 30 minutes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haikou Meilan International Airport.|
- Civil Aviation Organization Asia And Pacific Office - Report Of The Fourth Meeting Of The Asia/Pac Opmet Management Task Force (Opmet /M TF/4) (PDF)
- "Haikou Meilan International Airport opens international terminal | CAPA". Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "New terminal at Haikou airport opens - TTG Asia - Leader in Hotel, Airlines, Tourism and Travel Trade News". TTG Asia. 2013-08-15. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Hainan Airlines Adds Haikou - Macau Service in Sep/Oct 2015". Airlineroute.net. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Sichuan Airlines Adds New China – Thailand Routes in July/August 2015". airlineroute. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Airport information for ZJHK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.