Hail to England
|Hail to England|
Cover art by Ken Landgraf
|Studio album by Manowar|
|Studio||Phase One Studios, Toronto, Canada|
|Genre||Heavy metal, power metal|
|Label||Music for Nations|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||10/10|
Hail to England is Manowar's third album which was released in 1984. The album title is a tribute to the country that the American band members met and formed the band in, and in particular the predominantly British NWOBHM that had emerged in the early 1980s. The album was also reported to have been recorded in its entirety in only six days. The album peaked at No. 83 on the UK charts.
All songs written by Joey DeMaio, except where noted.
- Side one
- "Blood of My Enemies" – 4:15
- "Each Dawn I Die" (Ross the Boss, DeMaio) – 4:20
- "Kill with Power" – 3:57
- "Hail to England" – 4:24
- Side two
- "Army of the Immortals" (Ross the Boss, DeMaio) – 4:24
- "Black Arrows" – 3:06
- "Bridge of Death" – 8:58
- Alternate cassette version from the 1980s distributed through the band's mail order fan club was mislabeled, inverting the sides.
- "Blood of My Enemies" was covered by Swedish death metal band Edge of Sanity, on their album The Spectral Sorrows.
- "Blood of My Enemies" was covered by Italian power metal band Power Symphony, on their EP Futurepast.
- "Blood of My Enemies" was covered by Russian pagan metal band Рарогъ, on their album Сыны Сокола, under the name of "Кровь Наших Врагов"
- "Blood of My Enemies" was covered by heavy metal band Ross the Boss, one of the former members of Manowar in 2017
- "Kill with Power" was covered by Swedish melodic death metal band Arch Enemy, on their EP Dead Eyes See No Future, and is often covered live by Brazilian parody metal band Massacration.
- "Kill With Power" was also covered by Finnish black/heavy metal band Barathrum, on their single Black Flames and Blood.
- "Each Dawn I Die" was covered by the Greek black metal band Necromantia on their 1997 EP Ancient Pride which was re-released with new artwork and two bonus tracks in 2006 by Black Lotus Records.
- Eric Adams - vocals
- Ross the Boss - guitar, keyboards
- Joey DeMaio - bass guitars, bass pedals
- Scott Columbus - drums
- Jack Richardson - producer
- Robin Brouwers - engineer
- Joe Primeau, John Petre - assistant engineers
- Joe Brescio - mastering
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. Hail to England at AllMusic
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 213. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- Stagno, Mike (March 9, 2007). "Manowar - Hail to England". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2016-12-26.