Hainan Medical University
|Hainan Specialized Medical School, Haiqiang Medical Vocational School (1947), Medical College of Hainan University (1948)|
|President||Lu Zhuan Zhu|
|Location||Haikou, Hainan, People's Republic of China
The current college was created in 1993 with the approval of the central government. In 1951, two private medical colleges were merged to form the Hainan Specialized Medical School. These two colleges were Haiqiang Medical Vocational School (created in 1947) and the Medical College of Hainan University (established in 1948).
Mr. Tseven Soong was its first General Director of the Board, After the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1949, this school was restructured as the Hainan Medical Vocational School and later became the Medical Department of Hainan University.
In 1993, the college became the Hainan Medical College to reflect its specialization in medicine. In 1994, Hainan Medical College was accredited to offer bachelor's degrees and in 1996 was accredited for undergraduate education by the Ministry of Education.
In 2000, the College established a new campus on Chengxi Road.
- Basic Medical Science Department
- Clinical Medicine Institute
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Institute
- Laboratory Sciences Department
- Preventative Medicine Department
- Dental Sciences Department
- Nursing Sciences Department
- Pharmacy Department
- Vocational Educational Institute
- International Student Institute
- Foreign Language Department
- Information Technology Department
- Physical Education Department
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences