|Owner||State of Alaska DOT&PF - Southeastern Region|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Haines Airport (IATA: HNS, ICAO: PAHN, FAA LID: HNS) is a state-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) west of the central business district of Haines, a city in the Haines Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is the primary airport serving the Haines, Klukwan, Haines Borough area and is situated on the Haines Highway, directly adjacent to the Chilkat River.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2015–2019, which categorized it as a primary commercial service (nonhub) airport based on 10,093 enplanements in 2012. As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 7,035 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 7,099 enplanements in 2009, and 9,534 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Haines Airport covers an area of 124 acres (50 ha) at an elevation of 15 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 8/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Air Excursions||Juneau, Skagway|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|Wings of Alaska||
- FAA Airport Master Record for HNS ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "Appendix A: List of NPIAS Airports with 5-Year Forecast Activity and Development Estimate" (PDF, 7.89 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) Report. Federal Aviation Administration.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "Destinations". Air Excursions. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- "Haines, AK: Haines Airport (HNS)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. July 2011.
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: