Hair of the Dog Brewing Company
|Headquarters||Portland, Oregon, United States|
Hair of the Dog Brewing Company is a brewery in Portland, Oregon, USA. Hair of the Dog produces unusual beers using traditional craft-brewing techniques. Several of its beers are bottle conditioned. Alan Sprints is the owner and brewer with a few helpers, which may include his three sons. He graduated from Le Cordon Bleu culinary school with honors. He was president of the home brewers club OBC for a few years and has a reputation of a man who knows flavor.
The brewery's arguably biggest claim to fame was its barley wine Dave. Eve is the beer that was once, twice and thrice frozen distilled. All of the times of distillation were observed and tasted. The brewery's Adam beer is a recreation of an Adambier, a historic brew that was originally made in Dortmund, Germany. This dessert beer has 10 percent ABV.
Hair Of The Dog Brewing Company was profiled by master brewer Michael Ferguson on the show Beer Geeks which airs on OraTV
- Stoller, Gary. "Brewpubs offer great beer, good food and local flavor". USA Today. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- All of HOTD beers are bottled conditioned, ensuring freshness.Fodor's Oregon. p. 33.
- Let's Go Pacific Northwest Adventure 1st Edition - Let's Go, Inc. Staff. p. 94.
- "The Hop Brief: Hair of the Dog Blue Dot Double IPA". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. March 9, 2011.
- Hair of the Dog turns 20: Small brewery, big reputation | OregonLive.com
- Today in Bro, 1% Want Edition: A $2,000 Craft Beer: The Q: GQ
- 'Dave,' Craft Beer By Hair Of The Dog, Costs $2,000 A Bottle
- Roadtripping USA: The Complete Coast-to-Coast Guide to America - Let's Go, Inc.. p. 620.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oregon-corporate or for-profit organization related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|