Haji Yusifli Mosque
|Haji Yusifli Mosque|
|Architectural style||Islamic architecture|
|Date established||18th century|
Haji Yusifli Mosque (Azerbaijani: Hacı Yusifli məscidi sometimes also transliterated as Hajy Yusifli Mosque) was an Azerbaijani mosque located in Shusha, Karabakh region of Azerbaijan about 350 km southwest from capital Baku but is currently under control of Armenian forces since the occupation of Shusha on May 8, 1992.
The mosque is located on intersection of G. Zakir and G.Ismayilov streets of Haji Yusifli neighborhood of Shusha. Haji Yusifli neighbourhood is one of 9 lower and earlier neighbourhoods of Shusha in the northern part of the city. In total, there are 17 main neighbourhoods. Julfalar Mosque was one of the 17th mosques functioning in Shusha by the end of the 19th century. There were no minarets and exterior design of Julfalar Mosque followed a rectangular plan neighborhood mosque building like Chukhur Mahalla and Julfalar mosques but the interior completely complied with Islamic religious architecture. There was a Haji Yusifli spring by the mosque supplying the famous mineral water of Shusha for public use. The Haji Yusifli mosque went through a complete renovation along with Yukhari Govhar Agha, Ashaghi Govhar Agha, Taza Mahalla, Mamayi, Saatli, Kocharli mosques, Caravanserai of Agha Gahraman Mirsiyab, residences of Mehmandarovs, Zohrabbayovs, Khurshidbanu Natavan and the “Shirin su” bath house before occupation. The mosque was among the most valuable monuments of the Shusha State Historical and Architectural Reserve.
- Yukhari Govhar Agha Mosque
- Ashaghi Govhar Agha Mosque
- Saatli Mosque
- Seyidli Mosque
- Khoja Marjanli Mosque
- Guyulug Mosque
- Taza Mahalla Mosque
- "Shusha State Historical & Architectural Reserve". Archived from the original on 4 October 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Ministry of Tourism - Haji Yusifli mosque". Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "SHUSHA. Geography". Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "ŞUŞA HƏSRƏTİ". Archived from the original on 12 May 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Средневековые памятники Карабаха". Archived from the original on 27 July 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "MIDDLE AGES GARABAGH MONUMENTS". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- View of the Haji Yusifli neighbourhood mosque of XVIII before Armenian occupation of Shusha
- Karabakh Monuments[permanent dead link]
|This article about a mosque or other Islamic place of worship in Azerbaijan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|