|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used, but generally centered around the beginning of start, or first.|
|Look up hajime in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hajime (はじめ) is the Japanese word meaning "beginning" (初め, 始め). In the Japanese traditional martial arts such as karate, judo, aikido, Kūdō and kendo, it is a verbal command to "begin". Hajime is also a common Japanese given name for males.
In the Amami Islands, Hajime (元) is a surname.
Hajime can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 始め, "beginning" or "start"
- 初め, "beginning" or "first"
- as a given name
- 一, "first"
- 元, "beginning" or "origin"
- 始, "beginning" or "start"
- 肇, "beginning"
- 基, "fundamental"
- 創, "genesis"
- 孟, "beginning" or "chief"
- 朔, "first day of month"
- 甫, "beginning" or "great"
- Hajime Funada (船田 元, born 1953), Japanese politician
- Hajime Hana (ハナ 肇, 1930–1993), Japanese musician, actor and comedian
- Hidenokuni Hajime (英ノ国 一, born 1971), Japanese sumo wrestler
- Hajime Hirota (広田 一, born 1968), Japanese politician
- Hajime Hosogai (細貝 萌, born 1986), Japanese football player
- Hajime Hosokawa (細川 一, 1901–1970), first doctor to discover the Minamata disease
- Hajime Iijima (飯島 肇, born 1976), Japanese voice actor
- Hajime Isayama (諫山 創, born 1986), Japanese manga artist; creator of manga Attack on Titan
- Hajime Ishii (石井 一, born 1934), Japanese politician
- Hajime Ishii (footballer) (石井 肇, born 1959), Japanese footballer and manager
- Hajime Ishikawa (石川 元, born 1941), Japanese rower
- Hajime Kagimoto (鍵本 肇), Japanese table tennis player
- Hajime Kanzaka (神坂 一, born 1964), Japanese novelist and manga story writer
- Hajime Katoki (カトキ ハジメ, born 1963), Japanese mecha (fictional walking robots) designer
- Hajime Kawakami (河上 肇, 1879–1946), Japanese Marxist economist
- Hajime Kazumi (数見 肇, born 1971), Japanese karateka
- Hajime Matsumoto (松本 哉, born 1974), Japanese activist, and a recycle shop owner
- Hajime Meshiai (飯合 肇, born 1954), Japanese golfer
- Hajime Mizoguchi (溝口 肇, born 1960), Japanese cellist and composer
- Hajime Moriyasu (森保 一, born 1968), Japanese football player
- Hajime Nakamura (中村 元, 1911–1999), Japanese academic of Vedic, Hindu and Buddhist scriptures
- Hajime Okayasu (岡安 肇, born 1936), Japanese anime and film editor and director
- Saitō Hajime (斎藤 一, 1844–1915), samurai who served in the Shinsengumi
- Hajime Satomi (里見 治, born 1942), founder of Sammy Corporation
- Hajime Sawatari (沢渡 朔, born 1940), Japanese photographer
- Hajime Seki (關 一, 1873–1935), Japanese politician
- Hajime Sorayama (空山 基, born 1947), Japanese illustrator
- Hajime Sugiyama (杉山 元, 1880–1945), minister of war in the Imperial Japanese Army
- Hajime Taguchi (田口 一, born 1975), Japanese writer
- Hajime Takano (高野 孟, born 1944), Japanese journalist
- Hajime Tanabe (田辺 元, 1889–1962), Japanese philosopher
- Hajime Taniguchi (谷口 一, born 1985), Japanese professional fighting game player
- Hajime Tomii (富井 一, born 1940), Japanese alpine skier
- Hajime Ueda (ウエダ ハジメ), Japanese manga artist
- Hajime Watanabe (animator) (渡辺 はじめ, born 1957), Japanese animator and character designer
- Watanabe Hajime (samurai), Japanese samurai of the Sengoku period
- Hajime Watanuki (綿貫 甫, born 1939), Japanese sport shooter
- Hajime Yasunaga (安永 一, 1901–1994), Japanese amateur Go player
- Hajime Yoshikawa (吉川 元, born 1967), Japanese politician
- Chitose Hajime (元; born 1979), Japanese singer
- Hajime Aikawa (始), a character from the Japanese live-action television series Kamen Rider Blade
- Hajime Aoyagi (一), a character from the anime/manga series Yowamushi Pedal
- Hajime Aoyama (ハジメ), a character from the anime series Ghost Stories
- Hajime Kunihiro (一), a female character from the anime/manga series Saki
- Hajime Saitō (一), a character from the anime/manga series Rurouni Kenshin
- Hajime Hinata (創), the protagonist of the visual novel Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
- Hajime Ichinose (はじめ), the protagonist of Gatchaman Crowds
- Hajime Yagi (はじめ), a character from the anime/manga series The World of Narue
- Hajime Kindaichi (一), a character from the anime/manga series Kindaichi Case Files
- Hajime Mutsuki (始), a character from the anime series Tsukiuta. The Animation and also a charismatic idol from Tsukino Production. Leader of the group "Six Gravity" consisting of six members including himself.
- Hajime Tenga (一), one of the main characters from the anime series Kiznaiver
- Hajime Iwaizumi (岩泉 一), a character from the anime series Haikyuu!! with the position of vice captain and wing spiker from Aoba Johsai High
- Hajime Owari (ハジメ), a character from the anime series Dagashi Kashi
- Hajime Tsukishima (基), a character from the anime/manga series Golden Kamuy
- Hajime Katsura (はじめ), a character from the anime/manga series Digimon Universe: App Monsters
- Hajime Yatate (肇), a pseudonym for the collective contributions of the Sunrise animation staff
- Hajime (malware) A malware which targets the internet of things.
- Hajime no Ippo, the Japanese title of the manga series Fighting Spirit
|given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|