|No. 7 – İstanbul BB|
May 7, 1986 |
|Listed height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Listed weight||187 lb (85 kg)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|2012–2013||Royal Halı Gaziantep|
|Career highlights and awards|
He studied at Istanbul Bilgi University. He started his professional career with Tofaş in Turkish Basketball 2nd League. He was recruited to play for the Western Carolina University Catamounts, but the NCAA declared him permanently ineligible as a collegiate athlete because he played professional basketball in Turkey.
Demirel played his whole professional career in Turkey with the following clubs : Tofaş, Fenerbahçe, Erdemir, Darüşşafaka, Antalya BB, Royal Halı Gaziantep, Tofaş, Uşak Sportif, Trabzonspor B.K. and İstanbul BB.
National team career
With the junior national teams of Turkey, Demirel won the silver medal's at the 2004 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and at the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. He also won the bronze medal at the 2009 Mediterranean Games.
- 2004 - Turkish 2nd Basketball League Championship
- 2002 - MVP of Turkish 2nd Basketball League
- 2004 - MVP of European Young Guards
- 2004 - 2nd Place of European Championship
- 2006 - 2nd Place of European Championship
- 2006 - 6th Place of World Championship
- 2007 - Turkish Basketball League Championship
- 2007 - Turkish President's Cup Championship
- 2007 - 10th best European young player
- 2008 - Turkish Basketball League Championship