|IATA: HKD – ICAO: RJCH
– WMO: 47488
|Elevation AMSL||112 ft / 34 m|
Hakodate Airport (函館空港 Hakodate Kūkō?) (IATA: HKD, ICAO: RJCH), is an airport located 7.6 km (4.7 mi) east of Hakodate Station in Hakodate, a city in Hokkaidō, Japan. It is operated by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. It serves as the hub for airtransse.
Hakodate airport opened in 1961 and is located by the seas around 10 km (6.2 mi) from the city centre. The single runway has been extended three times, in 1971, 1978 and 1999. A new terminal building was opened in 2005, replacing the earlier structure.
Airlines and destinations
|All Nippon Airways||Nagoya-Centrair, Osaka-Itami, Osaka-Kansai, Tokyo-Haneda|
|All Nippon Airways
operated by ANA Wings
|China Airlines||Charter: Taipei-Taoyuan|
|China Eastern Airlines||Hangzhou|
|Hokkaido Air System||Asahikawa, Kushiro, Okushiri, Sapporo-Okadama|
operated by J-Air
|Okay Airways||Xi'an (begins 23 December 2016)|
In popular culture
- AIS Japan
- "Hakodate Airport Statistics" (PDF) (Press release). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Okay Airways schedules Xi'An – Hakodate flight in Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "tigerair Taiwan Adds Hakodate Flights from August 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hakodate Airport.|
- (English) Hakodate Airport Terminal Building Co., Ltd.
- (Japanese) Hakodate Airport Terminal Building Co., Ltd.
- Hakodate Airport Guide from Japan Airlines
- Current weather for RJCH at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for HKD at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Japanese airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|