Haldia Institute of Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman||Lakshman Chandra Seth|
|Affiliations||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
Haldia Institute of Technology (HIT) is the first private initiated engineering institute in West Bengal, India, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
The institute has an enclave campus of 49 acres of land having an administrative block of 2787 square meters with nine academic blocks having an area of around 24980 square meters and a hostel area of 24315 square meters. The hostel facility is available for both boys and girls to accommodate almost all the students. Facilities include an amenities area of 1830 square metres a library, Post Office, laundry facility, medical stores, bank with ATM facilities and restaurant. There are 12 B.Tech courses, and five M.Tech and MCA, MBA courses.
Schools and departments
Haldia Institute of Technology has the following schools and departments:
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Production Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- School of Applied Sciences & Humanities
- Department of Applied Sciences
- School of Chemical, Food & BioTechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Food Technology
- School of Electronics, Computer & Informatics
- Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- School of Management & Social Sciences
- Department of MBA
Haldia Institute of Technology is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an "A" grade, valid up to September 2021. Some of the courses are provisionally accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) up to June 2020.
Prayukti is the annual techno-management fest of the institute. Riviera is the annual cultural fest.
Hitian Inside is the official media group of HIT, which publishes every small and big things on Facebook and instagram going around in college. It also provides a platform for the budding engineers to showcase their talents through extravaganzas and almanacs.
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal University of Technology". Archived from the original on 8 December 2012.
- "ME Home". hithaldia.in. Haldia Institute of Technology. Retrieved 29 January 2018. Click on "Academics".
- "NAAC accreditation certification" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. 16 September 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "NBA accreditation letter" (PDF). National Board of Accreditation. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "You searched for Admission - Haldia Institute of Technology". Haldia Institute of Technology. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haldia Institute of Technology.|
- Haldia Institute of Technology Official website