Haldia Institute of Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman||Lakshman Chandra Seth|
|Director||Manabendra Nath Bandyopadhyay|
|Affiliations||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
Haldia Institute of Technology is an autonomous engineering institute in West Bengal, India, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
The institute has an enclave campus of 38 acres of land having an administrative block of 153780.5 square meters with nine academic blocks having an area of around 24980 square meters and a hostel area of 24315 square meters. The hostel facility is available for both boys and girls to accommodate almost all the students. Facilities include an amenities area of 1830 square metres a library, Post Office, laundry facility, medical stores, bank with ATM facilities and restaurant. There are 11 B.Tech courses(production engineering excluded), and five M.Tech and MCA, MBA courses.
Schools and departments
Haldia Institute of Technology has the following schools and departments:
- School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- School of Applied Sciences & Humanities
- Department of Applied Sciences
- School of Chemical, Food & BioTechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Food Technology
- School of Electronics, Computer & Informatics
- Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- School of Management & Social Sciences
- Department of MBA
Haldia Institute of Technology is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an "A" grade, valid up to September 2021. Some of the courses are provisionally accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) up to June 2020.
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
Haldia Institute of technology ranked "174" among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019.
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal University of Technology". Archived from the original on 8 December 2012.
- "ME Home". hithaldia.in. Haldia Institute of Technology. Retrieved 29 January 2018. Click on "Academics".
- "NAAC accreditation certification" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. 16 September 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "NBA accreditation letter" (PDF). National Board of Accreditation. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "You searched for Admission - Haldia Institute of Technology". Haldia Institute of Technology. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haldia Institute of Technology.|
- Haldia Institute of Technology Official website