Bennett at the The Bling Ring premiere (2013)
|Born||Haley Loraine Keeling
January 7, 1988
Fort Myers, Florida, U.S.
Haley Bennett (born Haley Loraine Keeling; January 7, 1988) is an American actress and singer. She has starred in the films Music and Lyrics (2007), The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008), College (2008), Kaboom (2010), After the Fall (2014), The Equalizer (2014), and Hardcore (2015).
Bennett was born Haley Loraine Keeling in Fort Myers, Florida, the daughter of Leilani (née Dorsey) and Ronald Keeling. As a child, she moved with her father to Stow, Ohio near where her parents are from.
Bennett made her film debut as pop singer Cora Corman in the 2007 romantic comedy Music and Lyrics, alongside Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Bennett sang several songs for film's soundtrack, including "Buddha's Delight" and "Way Back into Love". Fragments of "Entering Bootytown" and "Slam" are heard during concert scenes in the film. Her song "Invincible" can be heard during the end credits. That same year, she signed with 550 Music/NuSound Records (part Epic Records), and began working on her first album with the aid of singer-songwriter Shaley Scott. Bennett performed her first live concert at The Mint in Los Angeles on June 19, 2008.
After signing a three-picture deal with Warner Bros. (beginning with Music and Lyrics), Bennett subsequently starred in her second and third films, College (2008) and The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008). Also in 2008, she made a cameo appearance in Marley & Me. The following year, Bennett had a lead role alongside Julia Stiles in Shekhar Kapur's short film Passage. She then co-starred in the adventure thriller film The Hole, directed by Joe Dante. In 2010, she appeared in the fantasy comedy Kaboom, and the drama Arcadia Lost. Bennett then landed the lead in the thriller film Kristy. She next appeared in the independent drama film Lost in the White City (2014), alongside Thomas Dekker and Bob Morley. Also in 2014, Bennett co-starred in The Equalizer with Denzel Washington and Melissa Leo.
In 2015, she co-starred in the first person point of view film Hardcore. In 2016, Bennett will appear in Terrence Malick's untitled project, Warren Beatty's untitled project, Antoine Fuqua's The Magnificent Seven, and the film adaptation of Paula Hawkins' thriller novel The Girl on the Train. She has been cast to co-star alongside Miles Teller in the upcoming PTSD drama film Thank You for Your Service.
|2007||Music and Lyrics||Cora Corman|
|2008||The Haunting of Molly Hartley||Molly Hartley|
|2008||Marley & Me||Lisa|
|2009||The Hole||Julie Campbell|
|2012||Outlaw Country||Annabel Lee||Unsold pilot|
|2014||After The Fall||Ruby|
|2014||Lost in the White City||Eva|
|2015||A Kind of Murder||Ellie|
|2016||Untitled Warren Beatty project||Mamie||Completed|
|2016||Untitled Terrence Malick film||Completed|
|2016||The Magnificent Seven||Filming|
|2016||The Girl on the Train||Megan||Filming|
- "Haley Bennett: Biography". AskMen. 2007. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
Haley Keeling was born in 1989 in Fort Myers, Florida, but she was raised in Naples, Florida and in Ohio.
- Rechtshaffen, Michael (February 8, 2007). "Music and Lyrics". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "IMTA Alum Set to Star in Major Motion Pictures". IMTA. March 15, 2006. Archived from the original on July 25, 2007. Retrieved September 1, 2007.
- Sperling, Nicole (March 5, 2007). "4 go to 'College' in Hagan's class". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Scheck, Frank (October 31, 2008). "Film Review: The Haunting of Molly Hartley". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Quad One-Sheet Debut: Joe Dante's The Hole 3D". Dread Central. July 30, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
The Hole stars Teri Polo, Haley Bennett, Bruce Dern, Chris Massoglia, and Nathan Gamble.
- Fernandez, Jay A (November 5, 2009). "'Kaboom' adds four to cast". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Goldstein, Gregg (September 26, 2008). "Nolte leads the way with 'Arcadia Lost'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Kroll, Justin (October 29, 2012). "Haley Bennett books thriller 'Kristy'". Variety.
- "Indie Drama 'The White City' Casts Thomas Dekker, Haley Bennett & Bob Morley". Deadline.com. April 25, 2013.
- "Haley Bennett Joins Sony's 'The Equalizer'". Deadline.com. June 13, 2013.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (September 15, 2015). "'Hardcore' Has Three Suitors And Spirited Bidding Battle – Toronto". Deadline.com.
- Fischer, Russ (September 8, 2011). "Terrence Malick Eyes Relative Newcomer Haley Bennett as Co-Star of Untitled Christian Bale Film". /Film.
- Ge, Linda (March 8, 2014). "Haley Bennett Joins Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes Biopic". Up & Comers.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (February 20, 2015). "Haley Bennett Lands Female Lead In MGM's 'The Magnificent Seven'". Deadline.com.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (August 24, 2015). "Haley Bennett Lands Lead In 'The Girl On The Train'". Deadline.com.
- Kroll, Justin (October 20, 2015). "Haley Bennett in Talks to Star With Miles Teller in 'Thank You for Your Service'". Variety.