Haley Lu Richardson
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Haley Lu Richardson
Richardson in 2013
|Born||March 7, 1995|
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Brett Dier (2012-present; engaged)|
Haley Lu Richardson (born March 7, 1995) is an American actress. Her credits include the roles of Krista in The Edge of Seventeen, Claire Benoit in Split, Maci in Support the Girls and Stella Grant in Five Feet Apart. She is known for her breakthrough role starring with actor John Cho in the movie Columbus. She is in a relationship with fellow actor Brett Dier.
Haley Lu Richardson was born on March 7, 1995, in Phoenix, Arizona, the daughter of Valerie, a marketing and branding professional, and Forrest L. Richardson, a golf course architect. Richardson attended Villa Montessori through middle school, then Arcadia High School. She was a regular in theatrical productions and regional dance competitions throughout the Southwest. From 2001 to 2011 she was a leading dancer in Phoenix's Cannedy Dance Company. In 2011 she moved to Hollywood, California.
In 2013 Richardson began a recurring role as Tess in the ABC Family series Ravenswood. She has appeared as a guest on Disney Channel's "Shake It Up" and was a co-star in ABC's pilot production "Adopted". She played Juliana in the Lifetime original movie Escape from Polygamy, alongside Jack Falahee. In 2016 she had a recurring role as Ellie in the Freeform drama series "Recovery Road". Her early film career included a leading role in The Last Survivors as well as supporting performances in The Edge of Seventeen and Split.
Her breakthrough came in 2017 when she starred opposite John Cho in Columbus. For her work in the film she was nominated for the 2017 Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actress. Reviewing Columbus in The New Yorker, Richard Brody praised her performance: "Richardson in particular vaults to the forefront of her generation’s actors with this performance, which virtually sings with emotional and intellectual acuity." In 2019 Richardson starred in the romantic drama Five Feet Apart opposite Cole Sprouse. In the film she plays a cystic fibrosis patient, Stella Grant, who falls in love with a boy (Sprouse) with the same disease.
|2014||The Last Survivors||Kendal|
|The Young Kieslowski||Leslie Mallard|
|2015||The Bronze||Maggie Townsend|
|2016||The Edge of Seventeen||Krista|
|2018||The Chaperone||Louise Brooks|
|Operation Finale||Sylvia Hermann|
|Support the Girls||Maci|
|2019||Five Feet Apart||Stella Grant||Nominated - Teen Choice Award for Choice Drama Movie Actress|
|2012||Up in Arms||Dancer / Choreographer||Episode: "Flash Mob Parody Special"|
|Christmas Twister||Kaitlyn||Television film|
|2013||Adopted||Destiny||Unaired television pilot|
|Shake It Up||Shake It Up, Chicago! Dancer||Episode: "Quit It Up"|
|Escape from Polygamy||Juliana||Television film|
|2013–2014||Ravenswood||Tess Hamilton||5 episodes|
|2014||Awkward||Mackenzie||Episode: "Sophomore Sluts"|
|2015||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jenna Davis||Episode: "Decaying Morality"|
|Your Family or Mine||Maya||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2016||Recovery Road||Ellie Dennis||6 episodes|
|2019||Jane the Virgin||Charlie||2 episodes; uncredited|
- "Haley Lu Richardson "Double World Premieres" at LA Film Festival". The Business Journals. May 21, 2014. Archived from the original on September 27, 2014. Retrieved September 27, 2014.
- "Cannedy Dance Company". Cannedy Dance Company. Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- Brody, Richard (June 19, 2017). "The Precocious Genius of Columbus". Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Hooked By Haley Lu". Etsy.
- Mitchell, Jeff (November 18, 2016). "An interview with Haley Lu Richardson from The Edge of Seventeen". Phoenix Film Festival. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- Hasty, Toby (November 17, 2016). "Haley Lu Richardson: Hottest Photos Of 'The Edge of Seventeen' Actress". COED. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "This is my favorite shirt I've ever made and it's still up for grabs!". Instagram. May 24, 2016. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "Haley Lu Richardson Breaks The News Of Her Engagement". ET Canada. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- "Haley lu Richardson to People Magazine: "We've been together for seven years,"". People. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- Moreau, Jordan (19 June 2019). "'Avengers: Endgame,' 'Riverdale,' 'Aladdin' Top 2019 Teen Choice Award Nominations". Variety. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haley Lu Richardson.|