Half Moon Investigations (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Half Moon Investigations|
|Created by||Eoin Colfer|
|Theme music composer||Iain Cook|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Josephine Ward|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||5 January– 30 March 2009|
Half Moon Investigations is a children's crime/comedy drama television series created by the BBC and based upon the novel of the same name by the author Eoin Colfer. It concerns a schoolboy, Fletcher Moon, who spends much of his spare time solving petty crimes around his school, St Jerome's. 13 episodes were first broadcast between January and March 2009. The series was filmed in and around a disused secondary school, located in Bellshill, North Lanarkshire.
Fletcher Moon (often referred to as Half Moon because of his height) is a schoolboy attending St. Jerome's school. Although it is not stated in the series where the school is situated, the novel upon which the TV series is based has St. Jerome's located in the town of Lock, Wexford, Ireland. Every week a crime is committed and it is up to Half Moon and his private detective business to find the culprit by analysing a series of clues and witnesses.
- Fletcher "Half" Moon (Rory Elrick) is the main character of the series. Most of the show is shown through his eyes. He has the nickname "Half Moon" because of his small height.
- Red Sharkey (Sebastian Charles) is one of the main characters of the show. It is shown in many episodes that he has romantic feelings towards Mia Stone. He goes with Mia to the End-of-term school dance in the last episode.
- Mia Stone (Olivia Grant) is one of the main characters of the series. It is shown in many of the episodes that Red Sharkey has romantic feelings for her. She goes to the end-of-term school dance with him in the last episode.
- April Devereux (Nicola Duffell) is the leader of the 'Pinks' girl gang and hates boys. However, she may like Fletcher Moon as she dances with him at the End-of-term school dance in the last episode.
- Herrod Sharkey (Marcus Nash) is the youngest of the Sharkey children.