Halfbrick's current logo
|Founded||Brisbane, Australia (2001)|
Age of Zombies
Halfbrick Studios was founded in 2001. The studio is currently based in Brisbane, Australia and has offices in Sydney, the US and Spain. In March 2012, Halfbrick Studios acquired Onan Games for an undisclosed price. Onan is best known for Mandreel, which allows games to support iOS, Android, Flash and HTML development.
The Chief Executive Officer is Shainiel Deo. Executive Producers include Mik Dobele. Currently their staff consists of 85 employees within their Brisbane office and up to 200 employees worldwide.
Halfbrick Studios utilizes C++ as their programming language of choice. They also use software such as Microsoft's Visual Studio and Apple's Xcode since it allows them to "avoid having to rewrite a lot of code, control over performance, fine tune things, control memory usage as well as utilise third party libraries for game developers".
|2001||Rocket Power: Beach Bandits||PlayStation 2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox|
|2002||Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue||Game Boy Advance|
|2003||Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan||Game Boy Advance|
|Fuzz & Rocket (unreleased)||Game Boy Advance|
|2005||Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island||Game Boy Advance|
|Avatar: The Last Airbender||Game Boy Advance|
|2006||Barnyard||Game Boy Advance|
|Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth||Game Boy Advance|
|2007||Avatar: The Last Airbender – Into the Inferno||Nintendo DS|
|2009||Marvel Super Hero Squad||Nintendo DS|
|Halfbrick Blast Off||Xbox Live Indie Games, PlayStation Minis|
|Halfbrick Echoes||Xbox Live Indie Games, PlayStation Minis, Zune HD|
|Halfbrick Rocket Racing||Xbox Live Indie Games, PlayStation Minis|
|2010||Aero Racer||PlayStation Minis|
|Age of Zombies||iOS, PlayStation Minis|
|Fruit Ninja||iOS, Android, Bada, Ovi, Windows Phone|
|Fruit Ninja HD||iOS, Android|
|The Last Airbender||Nintendo DS|
|Raskulls||Xbox Live Arcade|
|2011||de Blob 2||Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS|
|Age of Zombies||Android|
|Fruit Ninja Free||Android|
|Monster Dash||Google Chrome|
|Fruit Ninja Kinect||Xbox Live Arcade|
|Steambirds: Survival||iOS, Android|
|Fruit Ninja: Puss In Boots||iOS, Android|
|Age of Zombies Anniversary||iOS|
|Fruit Ninja Frenzy|
|2012||Jetpack Joyride||Android, BlackBerry, Facebook, iOS, PlayStation Vita, Windows 8|
|2013||Fish out of Water||iOS|
|Colossatron: Massive World Threat||Android, iOS|
|Band Stars||iOS, Android|
|2014||Bears vs. Art||iOS, Android|
|Yes Chef||iOS, Android|
|Radical Rappelling||iOS, Android|
|2015||Fruit Ninja Kinect 2||Xbox One|
|This section requires expansion. (November 2015)|
Halfbrick's 2014 Bears vs. Art was the studio's first puzzle game. The game was soft launched in March 2014 in a few select countries such as Australia, Canada, United Kingdom but as of 1 May 2015 it is available worldwide. Gamezebo appreciated the game's "charm" and puzzle variety but not its microtransaction-based energy meter and controls.
- "FruitNinja.com". Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Halfbrick "Our Games" Page". Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "About Us". Halfbrick. 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Step inside the Brisbane lab of Fruit Ninja app creators Halfbrick Studios, With Queensland Business Monthly". couriermail.com.au. 2014-03-28. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- "Halfbrick Studios acquires Onan Games for quick cross-platform ports". VentureBeat. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Halfbrick acquires Onan Games". news10.net. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- Natalie Bochenski (4 January 2013). "Game on at the State Library". Brisbane Times (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Halfbrick (15 May 2014). "Linkedin - Halfbrick". Linkedin (Linkedin). Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Frederic Lardinois (3 March 2013). "How Halfbrick Studios Develops Games Like Fruit Ninja, Age Of Zombies And Jetpack Joyride". Tech Crunch (Tech Crunch). Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Fuzz & Rocket – GBA – IGN". Au.gameboy.ign.net. 2005-05-19. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride Developer Halfbrick Announces Bears vs. Art". Grab It Indie Games Magazine. 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Fruit Ninja Kinect Website". Halfbrick Studios. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Bears vs. Art vs. Analytics". GamesIndustry.biz. 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (2014-03-11). "Halfbrick's upcoming game is a puzzler called Bears vs Art". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|